Arts & Crafts Anyone else a hobby painter?

Here's a good handful of my favorites I've done over the years.
This is from my college years - probably my only fairly successful portrait lol
2079pv5.jpg

Another one from college. this was my favorite painting for YEARS and I feel like a picture of it doesn't do it justice. I finally gave it to my mom cause she had been begging for it lol - this image is from book I had picked up - it's an actual store front in a small town in iowa (if it looked like that now i have no idea lol). The actual photo was black and white.
35346fk.jpg

set of 3 that i did for a friend. these were actually copies of prints she found
2rfzhu1.jpg

the past few years I started doing houses and stuff. Sort of 'before and afters' if you will.
This one is my grandparent's first house (where my mom grew up) and their house they lived in while I grew up. I painted this for them a year or two before they moved into senior living apartments.
ouo0gi.jpg

This one my friend commissioned me to paint. It's a 'before and after' of her house where her parents live. Same house in both places, just the 'after' is a remodeled version. My friend said her mom cried when she opened it at Christmas.
1zf254n.jpg

one of my most recent projects that I did for my mom. she wanted two paintings to put on either side of a large window they have in their living room. I have two pictures of it because I really like the bare trees over the trees with 'leaves' lol sort of wish I could have done 4 paintings so I could have done a different season on each.
2chp7ad.jpg
2n85st1.jpg

Finally got some pics of my paintings..

I've added a few thing as well...I'm more into mural art now. Portraits are hard work for me so I tend to stay away, I love water colors as well

I've had a few people ask me to do murals in baby/little kid rooms. I've always turned them down lol

I've been wanting to try my hand at watercolors... I did a version of it at one of my past jobs.. it was sort of watercolor on wood using acrylic paints lol
But I have some ideas of mix-media including watercolors. Just need to find the time and motivation to start it!

These are amazing!

Thank you! You guys are amazing as well. I always find it interesting how "hobbies" play out. I am an artist by nature. Mom says I e been drawing since two. I am we'll rounded creatively as I like to draw, pan t, see, scrap LOL and everything in between.

Thank you! You guys are amazing as well. I always find it interesting how "hobbies" play out. I am an artist by nature. Mom says I e been drawing since two. I am we'll rounded creatively as I like to draw, pan t, see, scrap LOL and everything in between.

Absolutely!

It's very nice to see some painters in here. Great job everyone. I guess I am in between when it comes to painting. I don't make my living through it, but I do show and sell my paintings. My avatar is one of mine.

OMG! Nice Paintings!!! My interests in painting happens two year ago, and I do not pain much, just have some stick figures, think they can not be handed out right now. Well, hope all of you can figure out how to deal with your paintings, I am just an armature to pass by the post. :smile:

Wow some of you guys paintings are amazing..

Lol here are a couple of mine lol though your guys will put me to shame

Peacock - I adore peacocks wear feathers as lv charms lol

Hibiscus- my favourite flower

The swans my daughter did with the help of me x

Attachments

• 1407924971041.jpg
    1407924971041.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 1407924984107.jpg
    1407924984107.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 1407924997867.jpg