Anyone dyed a RM bag?

jng2b

O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
Hi girls - I was just wondering if anyone has dyed their RM bag. I have a black MAM from the resort collection, and the leather has become more distressed than I would like. It is yellow on many parts of the bag instead of black. I am thinking of trying to dye it back to black - I've seen that many b-bag girls have done this, but I'm not sure if any RM girls have tried this trick. Thanks!:smile:

Oh yes Bbag girls have had much success. Maybe RM bags have not been around long enough to show abuse that a dye is in order? Would conditioning your bag instead help? Why not write to Barbara from LMB, she might be able to dish you sound advice. GL!

Normally I would say go for it but because this bag is supposed to flake yellow underneath I am not sure how it would turn out. I definitely agree that you should either ask LMB or someone at Rebecca Minkoff..

I would not recommend this (at least this not particular bag). As LR said, this bag is supposed to flake yellow and have those yellow undertones. I can't imagine it would work well.

If you want a true black bag, maybe you should consider getting a Night or Noir bag instead.