Anyone dyed a RM bag?

jng2b

O.G.
Feb 6, 2008
Hi girls - I was just wondering if anyone has dyed their RM bag. I have a black MAM from the resort collection, and the leather has become more distressed than I would like. It is yellow on many parts of the bag instead of black. I am thinking of trying to dye it back to black - I've seen that many b-bag girls have done this, but I'm not sure if any RM girls have tried this trick. Thanks!:smile:

pinkboudoir

♥
May 19, 2006
SUN-shine-y island
Oh yes Bbag girls have had much success. Maybe RM bags have not been around long enough to show abuse that a dye is in order? Would conditioning your bag instead help? Why not write to Barbara from LMB, she might be able to dish you sound advice. GL!

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
Admin
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
In the moment
Normally I would say go for it but because this bag is supposed to flake yellow underneath I am not sure how it would turn out. I definitely agree that you should either ask LMB or someone at Rebecca Minkoff..

Joceybaby23

ProfessionalMinkette
O.G.
Sep 1, 2006
FL
I would not recommend this (at least this not particular bag). As LR said, this bag is supposed to flake yellow and have those yellow undertones. I can't imagine it would work well.

If you want a true black bag, maybe you should consider getting a Night or Noir bag instead.