Anyone Dressing Up For Halloween??

I am not dressing up but my doggie is (he gets a new costume every year)

PA200853.jpg

PA200856.jpg

PA200862.jpg

i wasn't going to dress up this year but my friends want me to hang out with them that night and they're all dressing up....i'm usually a princess but somehow i don't feel princess-y this year. i'm going to be hermione granger instead. i might stick out like a sore thumb though among all the slutty cops and nurses and whatnot. :smile:

it's actually a pretty easy costume. i have the black skirt and white shirt, and ridiculously curly brown hair....all i need is a sweater, black wool tights, a hogwarts patch (that i just ordered) and a cheap maroon and gold tie. i think instead of a wand i might carry around a stuffed orange cat....it'll be easier to find.

i'm actually a little excited....it's the first time i've actually put something together since i was a kid.

my cousin is going as Amy Winehouse... LOL... she's got someone to do her makeup and everything. we still have to get her a long wig, and tease it up... since her hair is too short. she'll be wearing cutoff denim shorts and wife beater, with "REHAB" written on the chest... cannot wait to see her all dressed up!

i still have no idea what to dress up as... there's lots of Halloween parties going on this weekend, so hopefully i'll find something tomorrow!!

when i was an undergrad at UW-Madison, Halloween was huge there... i swear, every year, more and more people come to party. i lived on State St. one year, and it was total chaos. that year (2002, i believe)... one of my friends and i dressed up as Fook Mi and Fook Yu from Austin Powers in Goldmember. ppl went crazy over us, and kept wanting pictures... haha, that was probably the best costume idea she came up with.