Anyone considering surgery in US?

I had researched clinics in US/Canada a lot more than Korea, and decided on a surgeon in Canada for rhino, one in the US for fat graft (to eyes), another in US for mole removal and dimple creation, another in US for lip lift.

Overall I prefer how the clinics in Korea operate, though it is too soon to tell if my surgery there has a very good result. The reason I chose Canada/US for some is because I have western features and the surgeons have more experience with my type of skin/nose & eye shape there. But if this were not the case, I think I would have considered more Korean than American clinics. It seemed to me that more of the clinics in SK had a “harmonious” mindset on the outcome of the surgery, ex: considering my entire face shape, teeth, eye width etc when doing my v line, not just considering the one area and what is highly requested/popular then trying for a safe and conservative outcome....also, it seems many SK surgeons tend to be cosmetic-oriented even when the sx is not necessarily a cosmetic one. When I had my nose done in Canada I found the dr was too conservative (left my nose too projected and pointed too much) and now am planning for a secondary rhino. When I had my moles and dimples done by a surgeon in Cali, the scars are very obvious....he sutured them quickly and I felt that it wasn’t taken seriously enough that I didn’t want a noticeable scar (the whole reason I paid to go to a plastic surgeon and not a derm).

Most of all though, I find my ideal beauty standards match more of a Korean standard than American and when I try to describe this to a lot of American surgeons they do not seem very familiar...ex: smaller jaw/chin, soft features, not high arched eyebrows, not a wide mouth, very small implants (smallest most drs will let me consider is like 200cc in US as they say “everyone wishes they went larger”)
Would you mind telling us what Canadian and US surgeons you went to?

Would you mind telling us what Canadian and US surgeons you went to?
I’m a few years after surgery now, but decided to go to Korea for face fg. I went to Thomas Buonassisi for nose and Ricardo Rodriguez for lip lift. I can’t recommend the other surgeons I went to in the US. Currently considering Talei tor lip lift revision but not sure yet, I’ve taken kind of a break from major surgeries and just doing non surgical lately.

This is just based on stories I collected from botched patients and around the internet so take with a grain of salt...... but basically my "blacklist" for US plastic surgeons would be:
Charles S. Lee (Enhance)
Don Yoo (asianrhinoplasty)
Goretti Ho Taghva (Lea)
Kenneth Kim (Dream)

I have heard horror stories of all the above doctors. I guess that doesn't leave many options. Maybe it's best to just go to Korea.

Reactions: banonymous
Charles Lee will ruin your life - no question. I've also heard horror stories about Goretti Ho and Kenneth Kim. My advice these days is if you don't absolutely need plastic surgery, don't do it. Even Korea may not have all the answers. The risks faaaar outweigh the pros. If it doesn't work out, your entire life (work, family, friends, love) gets compromised for possibly the rest of your life!

can anyone recommend a good maxillofacial surgeon in the US or Canada? I'm considering dr. Fialkov in Toronto but the estimated price for a sliding genioplasty is around 10k and I'd rather have someone do it for 5k if I can. :-s

While deciding on dates for my trip to SK in April, I decided to look into local options one last time. Found a blog detailing revision orthognatic surgery with Nestor Karas in Walnut Creek near San Francisco. Wanted to see if anyone in Cali has heard of him. I am wary of surgeons here after my horrible first experience in Beverly Hills, but it would be nice to find an option close to home without the stress of language barrier and international travel. Thanks for your opinions and help! If you want to discuss your research on any surgeon in the US, please feel free to jump in!

:loveeyes::loveeyes:

Do you mind sharing who your BH surgeon was? I got a consultation with one and I'm most likely not gonna go with him.

This is just based on stories I collected from botched patients and around the internet so take with a grain of salt...... but basically my "blacklist" for US plastic surgeons would be:
Charles S. Lee (Enhance)
Don Yoo (asianrhinoplasty)
Goretti Ho Taghva (Lea)
Kenneth Kim (Dream)

I have heard horror stories of all the above doctors. I guess that doesn't leave many options. Maybe it's best to just go to Korea.

Yikes... that's pretty much everyone LOLLLLL I was thinking about getting a consultation with Dr. Lee. could you share what you've learned from the internet? I couldn't find anything on him except this one IG/Youtube influencer who recently got a rib rhinoplasty with him and she looks flippin amazing. Maybe it's because she's already gorgeous to begin with

Yikes... that's pretty much everyone LOLLLLL I was thinking about getting a consultation with Dr. Lee. could you share what you've learned from the internet? I couldn't find anything on him except this one IG/Youtube influencer who recently got a rib rhinoplasty with him and she looks flippin amazing. Maybe it's because she's already gorgeous to begin with
Also, I think influencers probably get better service than us regular folk. :*(
Check out Charles Lee's bad reviews on Yelp. There are some REALLY horrific stories!

I’m 2 weeks post-op from a revision rib rhinoplasty with Dr. Charles Lee (Enhance) in Beverly Hills, and while there is obvious swelling, I’m super happy with the overall shape. Good sized bridge, defined dorsal lines, and projected tip. My side profile is legit, I’m waiting for further refinement for the bottom half of my nose as soon as the swelling dissipates. I had a 15 year-old silicone implant taken out, I was starting to see complications such as short nose and a contracted tip. He did a solid job, I would recommend him if you’re looking for a natural, with a ”my-nose-but-better” result.

I’m 2 weeks post-op from a revision rib rhinoplasty with Dr. Charles Lee (Enhance) in Beverly Hills, and while there is obvious swelling, I’m super happy with the overall shape. Good sized bridge, defined dorsal lines, and projected tip. My side profile is legit, I’m waiting for further refinement for the bottom half of my nose as soon as the swelling dissipates. I had a 15 year-old silicone implant taken out, I was starting to see complications such as short nose and a contracted tip. He did a solid job, I would recommend him if you’re looking for a natural, with a ”my-nose-but-better” result.
User account was only made yesterday and this is the only post. Just sayin'

Reactions: RubyAwoo
User account was only made yesterday and this is the only post. Just sayin'
Fair enough, catria. Not the most welcoming message for a newcomer, lol. That's alright though. Everyone has had their own personal experience - some good, and others unfortunately with results that were lacking.

I've been perusing this site for months as an anonymous user till now. For anyone who's interested in photos of my personal results with Dr. Lee, please feel free to message me. My husband initially wanted to ship me to Korea to get it done since he has family there. After much consideration, and 2 other consultations with a Beverly Hills and Orange County doctor, I decided to go to a local surgeon. Easy access and communication was important to me should there be unforseen complications that needed to be addressed. Revision rhinoplasty takes careful consideration, I find real patients with photos of their journeys most helpful.

Reactions: sarahopendipity