anyone commute by train to work and carry a H

Ditto, I walk everywhere or take the bus/light rail if I have to go further (in general, SF public transportation is not great), and I don't have time to swap out bags or not take them places. I walked home alone - through a not-so-great area of SOMA & Tenderloin a few nights ago - with my Herbag worn crossbody, and no one even blinked.

Fun thread...lol. So my question is as follows: say you went out to work or brunch etc with your Birkin or Kelly and then on the way home you decided to stop at the studio to take a quick yoga class (my mat and yoga gear lives in my trunk by the way) do you take your bag to class? :smile:

I ask because most of the time I always find it a bit inconvenient to go home before getting ready for yoga. Once I get home, I usually don’t feel like getting out again. So I find myself rolling up to yoga carrying a Celine, Chanel, or whatever bag I was carrying that day. I get judged, and that’s fine cos the handbag junky in me couldn’t be bothered. Yet to pull up in a Birkin yet but I wonder if anyone has done that of had to do that due to ‘circumstances’ hehehe. Did you get stares or comments or judgy side eyes? And to the superheroes who said “my bag goes where I go” you all rock! :heart:
Are people really giving you judgmental looks about your bag? Why? I'm only recently into designer bags, and here, I've learned that my bags are not luxury (except they are to me). If I saw someone with a beautiful bag, I'd admire it, without regard for cost. Unless someone is really into luxury bags, why would they even know how much it costs? And just like everything luxury from jewelry to cars to homes, no one knows who can afford their items or not or if they were a gift (my first designer bag was a gift) or it's the one nice treat they have. I'm sorry to hear you're getting judgement. I hope you enjoy your bags wherever you go and if someone is judging, that's their issue. Steer clear!

I wear an engagement ring that was more expensive than even exotic Hermes bags, so I don't give a second thought to what bag I carry on the subway. I think most people are minding their own business on their commutes and don't really pay attention to bags/accessories that others are carrying, particularly during rush hour.

That being said, I've seen BKC put on the filthy floor before of the train and that I won't do lol... Those poor bags (and I get grossed out thinking of the germs they bring home with them).

I live in a small peaceful part of my city, surrounded by the sea and a huge park but still only a 15 min walk to the city center with designer shops etc. I usually like to walk but if the weather is bad or I’m in a hurry I take a tram. I don’t use buses and very seldom the subway. Trains occasionally, but then it’s more long distance and never for work so I don’t dress up and feel more comfortable/relaxed with a less expensive brand.

Reactions: MaryAndDogs
I do i take all my H bags into the busy london underground (tube), some bags being more careful as people are pushy during rush hours and i don't want bag dings on my H bags from a michael kors
I once started eating a Pret sandwich i bought out of my birkin since i was travelling between sites and would not have much time to eat before my next meeting.
No one gave a second look... or maybe they all thought the B is fake lol
:biggrin::P:nuts:

I do i take all my H bags into the busy london underground (tube), some bags being more careful as people are pushy during rush hours and i don't want bag dings on my H bags from a michael kors
I once started eating a Pret sandwich i bought out of my birkin since i was travelling between sites and would not have much time to eat before my next meeting.
No one gave a second look... or maybe they all thought the B is fake lol
:biggrin::P:nuts:

Reminds me of the time it was pouring in Munich, DBF and I were in a homeware store in the city. A lady came in with a very wet B35. You could see all the water on it, dripping off it. We were surprised at how nonchalant she was. She didn't even try to dry her bag, or at least shake it down. After a few looks, I suspected it was a fake as the hardware looked suspiciously larger than it should be... :biggrin:

Re: public transport - I travel solo frequently, and I would not carry my B on the trains in Paris (only Uber) due to the crime rate there and I am a very petite person. I did wear C crossbody on a bus in Paris, but I had a gf with me. I have also gone out walking alone at night for night photography with C crossbody, but not in less secure neighbourhoods.

In Singapore, I usually use Uber but have worn C on the train twice, and would have no problems doing it again. I'm not sure I will take B on a train because it's less convenient without a strap and I don't usually get a seat. I also don't like the idea of everyone bumping into the corners. But I may be okay with it during off-peak hours.

So personally, there are different concerns for me depending on which city I am in, and I am more protective of my B because she is handheld vs C on my shoulder that I can hug close. I don't really care about judgment. The only real issues for me are safety and damage.

Gosh. Wouldn't even cross my mind to not take it on public transport. I'd be more likely to be mugged for my jewellery than my bag I think. Plus my bags are always so heavy, the chance of someone being able to grab it and run off with it is low. :lol: As for damage - yeah I can see that being an issue but honestly, I buy things to love and use. I don't like the idea of it getting battered but I can fend people off with my elbows. :happydance:

Reactions: Tonimichelle