Anyone buying during NM special? No payment/no interest for 6 months!

photomj

Rocker Chic
O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
I'm surprised that no one is talking about this yet. There is a thread in the Deals and Steals forum about it.

Neiman Marcus has a "special" running through October 12th. If you spend over $1000 on a handbag, there is no payments and no interest for six months! Once you hit six months, that is when interest will start accruing, if you still have a balance. You can only use your NM card for this special.

I think this is a great offer for people who are looking to "finance" an expensive bag!

This special is good at all NM stores nationwide. Start ordering bags now! :nuts:

I was tempted till I found out from my SA that its not open to foreigners who don't have accounts yet. You have to apply in person when you're at an NM. Hmm, should have opened one ages ago but who knew...

I was tempted till I found out from my SA that its not open to foreigners who don't have accounts yet. You have to apply in person when you're at an NM. Hmm, should have opened one ages ago but who knew...
My SA at NM Atlanta said it was ok if I applied on-line and just sent her my account number in order to get the financing. I'll check with her to verify.

^It started on 9/25. I bought a Balenciaga bag on the 19th and my s/a credited the charge and re-rang it on the 25th so I could qualify for the free interest. I had to ask her to do it; otherwise I don't think it would have crossed her mind.

^It started on 9/25. I bought a Balenciaga bag on the 19th and my s/a credited the charge and re-rang it on the 25th so I could qualify for the free interest. I had to ask her to do it; otherwise I don't think it would have crossed her mind.

I just bought a bag last Saturday and asked today if it could be re-rung...they're still trying to figure it out!

I rec'd this from my lovely SA too...this is too tempting but as said by Aurora, not sure if it's open to international since i still have not open an account with NM yet.

So how does this work? NM will not bill you or send you a statement until 6 months have lapsed, then you pay the full amount?

I'm sure they will send you a statement, but in the "amount due column" it should be zero due. I'm sure you can pay something on the balance, you just don't accumulate interest until the 6 month mark. Now, I don't know how this works with NM if you currently have a balance on your card from past purchases.