Anyone buy Pursekets?

B. Jara

O.G.
Oct 30, 2005
4,306
16
amanda said:
it might stabalize the bottom better, but the quilty pleasures is a pretty tall bag and the purseket is only about 6 inches tall. it would hold open the bottom part of the bag, though, if you think that would help.
Yes, I think it would help tremendously! Thank you. :biggrin:

It just needs something to give it a bit of shape at the bottom. Right now I have been putting a gallon zip lock bag filled with tissue paper at the bottom...but that is a pain in the rear because stuff goes underneath it. :evil:

I bought it right before Christmas for wayyyy too much money, and I want to get it's full use out of it. :P

It kills me that there are two new ones on there now, the old brown color, for just a bit over retail. Oh well. LOL :amuse:
 

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
8,231
182
United States
I have decided to try the medium Purseket in the garden circles fabric. I am always losing things in my big bags, and the bright colors might make it easier to see inside the bag, too.
 

B. Jara

O.G.
Oct 30, 2005
4,306
16
ETenebris said:
I have decided to try the medium Purseket in the garden circles fabric. I am always losing things in my big bags, and the bright colors might make it easier to see inside the bag, too.
I ordered the large size in the Panther print. I figured that would blend well with all of my black and brown bags. :P

We will have to give a review when we get them.
 

honu

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
2,482
207
I bought the Drop In in Beauty and Pink Basket Weave. Unfortunately it won't fit in my Gucci Hobo but it fits perfectly in my LV Lucille. I gave my mom one and she loves it too - she puts it in her Herve Chapelier tote. I think I'm going to get more and give them as presents!
 

B. Jara

O.G.
Oct 30, 2005
4,306
16
Bjara said:
I ordered the large size in the Panther print. I figured that would blend well with all of my black and brown bags. :P

We will have to give a review when we get them.
Update....I am a bit miffed. I got an email from them today, stating that they were out of the Panther print. Well, that is really all I wanted, but I took another look at the colors on the site and chose Cranberry instead. That color is out as well. :evil: But they did say the red was nice. @@ Why are they still listed as available?

Needless to say, I cancelled the order.
 

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
8,231
182
United States
I received my purseket yesterday and I think I like it. I got the medium in the garden circles, just to brighten things up (and since I didn't really like any of the other choices). Has anyone used a purseket in a Paddington? It seems a bit tall for the Paddy, tends to take up most of the vertical space and make it less slouchy...is this a good thing or a bad thing? Will it hurt the purseket? Otherwise, the inside of my bag is ORGANIZED! And this morning I was even able to find my keys and get out of the house 15 minutes early! Hooray for the dorky purseket!
 

girlsgottoshop

The Shopping Queen
Jan 5, 2006
8,224
2
49
Fabulous Las Vegas
ETenebris said:
I received my purseket yesterday and I think I like it. I got the medium in the garden circles, just to brighten things up (and since I didn't really like any of the other choices). Has anyone used a purseket in a Paddington? It seems a bit tall for the Paddy, tends to take up most of the vertical space and make it less slouchy...is this a good thing or a bad thing? Will it hurt the purseket? Otherwise, the inside of my bag is ORGANIZED! And this morning I was even able to find my keys and get out of the house 15 minutes early! Hooray for the dorky purseket!
Dorky purseket!! :lol: I feel the same way, but I just ordered one in the panther.....after reading this and seeing that they're sold out, we'll see. I'm hoping that I like it in the paddington.....I feel like I'm always searching for junk in that bag.
 

muppy

Member
Nov 26, 2005
510
2
London
Hi, Can I ask if the purseket is 'heavy'?

Can it be used on hobo bags, like the Mulberry Araline or will it kind of make the bag look 'bulky' by expanding it?

Thanks. I'm thinking of ordering them and I'm located in the UK, so really need to get it right! Cheers
 

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
8,231
182
United States
muppy said:
Hi, Can I ask if the purseket is 'heavy'?

Can it be used on hobo bags, like the Mulberry Araline or will it kind of make the bag look 'bulky' by expanding it?

Thanks. I'm thinking of ordering them and I'm located in the UK, so really need to get it right! Cheers
It is not heavy at all. I used it in my Scout, which is a soft, slouchy unstructured leather bag and it held the sides out more than they would without it, but I think the Mulberry is a thicker leather. People use them in the LV Speedy. They are pretty flexible, too, so it would depend on how you positioned it. If the bag is at least 4" wide, you probably won't have any problem. I love mine...and I can find my keys in the morning now!
 

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
3,310
5
Miami
IntlSet said:
I think I've seen infomercials for these!
I think I saw them on one of the home shopping channels. Didn't think much of it at the time but now????????????????I'm thinking maybe.
 

PGN

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
1,714
1
I want one too! When I went to their website it seemed they were out of most colors:sad2:
 

muppy

Member
Nov 26, 2005
510
2
London
ETenebris said:
It is not heavy at all. I used it in my Scout, which is a soft, slouchy unstructured leather bag and it held the sides out more than they would without it, but I think the Mulberry is a thicker leather. People use them in the LV Speedy. They are pretty flexible, too, so it would depend on how you positioned it. If the bag is at least 4" wide, you probably won't have any problem. I love mine...and I can find my keys in the morning now!
Thanks! I have put my order in for the medium and large! Can't wait!
 

gratytude

Member
Oct 23, 2005
599
3
los angeles
I like them a lot, but they do change the look and the feel of hobos...if you use them in a tote, or a speedy, no problem...but they make soft bags kind of hard, which defeats the purpose of carrying something slouchy and natural.