Anyone buy moissanite?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. For those of you who haven't heard of moissanite - Home - Charles & Colvard®, Ltd. Created Moissanite

After doing some research, I told my bf that I want a moissanite engagement ring and jewelry. I do not want to buy or wear "conflict" diamonds (don't want to start a heated discussion, just stating my opinion).

Many jewelers are now carrying moissanite as an alternative to a diamond. Just curious if anyone here owns moissanite jewelry pieces! :smile:

2. no but i've been *this* close to buying some! it's so pretty! more durable and better looking than cz's but not as expensive/contraversial as diamonds. i can't find earrings i like though.

i love the way it sparkles, but it can face up a little too yellow sometimes in the larger carat sizes. for earrings/necklaces/band rings/etc it's fine, but i personally don't care for the engagement rings in the HUGE sizes (3-5 carats). something to keep in mind and find out what your particular preferences are.

3. I am thinking that might be a solution to our problem.

We are finally, after 8 years getting around to buying a ring and setting a date and I am so afraid of getting a blood diamond that I have been suggesting either a CZ or a lab-created diamond.

My BF has bought me cz rings before (in nice gold settings) but for an engagement ring he is saying it has to be a "real" stone or else he will feel like a cheap fraud and his suggestion is a vintage diamond.

I will have to see what he thinks about this as an alternate.

4. I agree about engagement rings in large sizes. I don't want a big honkin' diamond, anyway - 1 to 1.5 carats would work for me :P

robyn - Good luck with your ring decision! :smile: I would definitely check into moissanite.

5. I have a 1ct equivalent ring in moissanite, and I love it! It's gorgeous, and I don't have all the "hang-ups" that I would if it were a "real" diamond. I've had it side by side with diamonds, and it looks as good if not better.

6. Awesome! :nuts:

7. Cristina you might want to check out this website.I know at least 20 women that have purchase these Asha simulants as an alternative to diamonds.
    Asha® Diamond Simulant - Loose Asha® Index

These stones are absolutely beautiful IRL,I'd choose these over moissanite any day of the week.

8. Thanks, Cat! Great Web site. I saved it in my favorites :nuts: The rings I saw there are gorgeous.

9. I have 2 ct. moissanite stud earrings and they look great, but I can certainly tell the difference. They are almost too brilliant. Have you ever considered white Zircon? It is a real gemstone that looks just like an E/F colored diamond. Most people are aware of the blue Zircon. Zircon has a great refractive index. Go to shopnbc.com. They may still have some pieces. Good luck!

10. I have a pair of 1 ct moissanite studs in a martini setting and I love them! They really do sparkle!

11. Canadian diamonds are also a great alternative and are very, very beautiful.

12. ^^^Yes, Canadian diamonds are also a good alternative! There's even a jewelry store here that carries conflict-free Canadian diamonds exclusively.

13. I have moissanite studs and a tennis bracelet, and I adore them! The double refraction is exactly why I chose to go with moissies over diamonds for pieces that use smaller stones, like those in the bracelet. Definitely look at Bella Jewelry Company on eBay; their customer service is second to none and they ensure that you don't get the dreaded greenish tint on the stones they send you.

14. I would like to get one but I'm hoping that they'll come out with pink at some point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice