Anyone buy internationally from Bal Paris? + new delivery charge!

abitobling

Feb 28, 2007
Were you OK with sending copy of your passport and credit card?

BTW, heard today that new policy at all Bal stores (for international delivery at least) - delivery charge is now 10% of puchase price!

That sounds really high for shipping. It means that a bag that sells for 995 Euro would cost 99.50 euro to ship. That is about $140.00 which to me is ridiculous. I don't think I could make myself pay that for shipping, especially when you know it doesn't cost them even half of that amount.

Wow, I am so glad I bought my Pom from Cannes before this went into effect! I was charged 45EU for shipping via DHL -- but there's no way I would've paid 10% of the purchase price!

Yes, this is correct! I was going to purchase a bag from them, that was 1082 EU but just figured out shipping and it's $143. US dollars!!! That is just insane! Think I will wait it out and try to find the bag elsewhere...

im also emailing cynthia of bal cannes and she did say shipping cost is 10% of item. its insane!

They must not want to sell to international buyers. The price they are charging is ridiculous for such an expensive bag. They should have some kind of flat rate shipping rate based upon country of recipient. And they should not be trying to make a profit on the shipping. They make plenty of profit on the bags themselves.

I just purchased several items from them on Monday, shipping was 50 euros. I wouldn't pay 10% of the purchase price for shipping, that is definitely too much. I wonder why they made this change?