Anyone been to an outlet grand opening?

curlyfur

O.G.
Mar 2, 2008
Hi Everyone,
There will be a new outlet opening in Woodburn Oregon next month. I wanted to know if anyone's been to a grand opening, and did Coach offer any extra special discount or grand opening limited items?

I was at the WI Dells outlet the day they opened, and they didn't have any boutique merchandise in yet. When they opened they had factory-only merchandise, so I don't know if stores transfer directly to outlet or what, but ours had nothing notable to search for. They only had the merchandise that every other outlet would stock, too.

While that is great, I go to outlet searching for treasures. I go because they have different things every time I go (from returns or transfers and deletes). So the opening day just wasn't very interesting for me. Maybe other outlets are different - especially in larger markets - but I was very disappointed in the opening day at ours.

^^I will be very disappointed if they start out with factory-only merchandise! If that is the case, I wonder how long it will take to get the "treasures" - returns, transfers, etc.

^^I will be very disappointed if they start out with factory-only merchandise! If that is the case, I wonder how long it will take to get the "treasures" - returns, transfers, etc.

I think I will be disappointed too if it is all factory only stuff, but on the other hand I really just look past it when I visit the outlet in Lincoln City. Maybe stopping to really see the factory items would be good for a change. Actually, I bought a wristlet about a week ago during my last outlet trip and I thought for sure it was from a full price store. I was surprised when I took a better look when I got home. Sure enough it was a factory wristlet.