Travel anyone been on a cruise to bermuda? in may?

Lilwalnut

Miracles do exist!
Jun 9, 2007
We used to take the Norweigan Crown from NYC to Bermuda. It would stop in Hamilton and St. Georges. It was a pretty small ship so it could fit in the channel leading to St. Georges where today's ships are too big to fit in there. I think the ships now go to an area called Wharfside or Dockside. Hamilton is being widened to let the bigger ships in, as I understand it, so it will be a while before the mega ships start to go back there.

Anyway, Bermuda is not a tropical climate so going in May is hit or miss. Sometimes, we would hit great weather and other times all we hit was rain -ugh. The water temp was also too cold for me! You won't find island or Hawaii water temps in Bermuda!

Its a beautiful place though! The people are friendly and crime is almost nonexistant. Although, with this economy, I don't know if that is true anymore...

Hamilton is the place to shop. Front Street has a ton of shops to choose from, although as of a year ago, many shops had closed because of the economy. St Georges, too, has felt the economic crisis in that a ton of shops had closed. There are great restaurants in both places, though. Also, pretty good shopping in the Wharside or Dockside I had mentioned.

Good Luck!

Lilwalnut

Miracles do exist!
Jun 9, 2007
Oh, and make sure you take an excursion or take the bus to the pink sand beaches - they are beautiful!!

Also, there is a restaurant called the Swizzle Inn and we always eat there. It is VERY casual, has good food and nice atmosphere. It is near the Grotto Bay hotel, closer to St. Georges...then across the street is an ice cream place which a lot of people go to...