Anybody's speedy B ebene like this?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    Just bought a speedy B ebene last month but never dared to use it after coming home and finding the asymmetrical stitches. Look how the right side of brown leather is aligned with the stitches but the opposite is not. Though I was told I can return it within a year if it is unused but I don't want to go to Singapore just for this. I live 7 hours away by plane from Singapore plus don't wanna go through the hassle of returning it, which means additional expenses for overseas calls/freight charges. Thanks to LV for dissatisfying me. This is my last LV purchase. They should have perfected speedies as they have been making this for ages. How come there are imperfect speedies still on the loose.Time to shift to other brand.

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1883388&stc=1&d=1348323744

2. Oh this is bad. Hope you can get the issue solved soon. Next time, better do a check on your purchases before you leave store to prevent a recurrence of such issues. ;)

3. I'm sorry to hear this :sad: do you have a picture? I don't see it.

4. just edited my post above. There should be a picture now.

5. I still do not see any picture, and link isn't working sorry

I have the speedy B and have no problems

6. bad link and no pic :nogood:

7. #7 Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    Sorry for the double post. I had to repost coz I can't attach picture from my former thread. Hope the pic appears now.

Just bought a speedy B ebene last month but never dared to use it after coming home and finding the asymmetrical stitches. Look how the right side of brown leather is aligned with the stitches but the opposite is not. Though I was told I can return it within a year if it is unused but I don't want to go to Singapore just for this. I live 7 hours away by plane from Singapore plus don't wanna go through the hassle of returning it, which means additional expenses for overseas calls/freight charges. Thanks to LV for dissatisfying me. This is my last LV purchase. They should have perfected speedies as they have been making this for ages. How come there are imperfect speedies still on the loose.Time to shift to other brand.

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1884328&stc=1&d=1348367155

23092012880.jpg
  8. #9 Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    Yeah, i see the problem. most lv item has some anomalies, some more so than other. a lot of brand is like this nowadays. also notices this in everything in general... cars, electronics, watches, you name it.

where are you located?

as far as i'm aware, you can swap an LV anywhere if there is a defect. if its for an exchange... its not a year; in most country its 30 days i think. most SA is quite good. you can explain your situation to them and usually if its reasonable they will comply.

9. I'm curious to see if other speedy b bags look like this. Maybe if it was symmetrical it wouldn't allow the bag to open wide, because the stitching would almost be holding the opening together..lemme check my mono speedy b...

10. my mono speedy is pretty even, but my encre speedy is like yours. I don't think i ever would have noticed in a million years! lol

11. Should the stitches close to the zipper part align with the stitches on the side part of the bag? I never knew that... I wouldn't have noticed either. I think your bag is fine :smile:

12. So you expect the stitches to line up? Like trumanfinn, I wouldn't notice this in a million years if it were my bag. The stitches look tight and secure. As long as the "misalignment" doesn't detract from the form and function I think you should just forget about it and enjoy it, or make your own bag with perfect stitching.

There are imperfections in every brand but an imperfection is only as good as the eyes looking at it. What's imperfect to one person may be perfect to another. You seem like the type of person who expects perfection, so perhaps it's best to take the time to inspect your next purchase prior to leaving the store.

13. I know it won't affect the use of the bag. I've worked in a craft company doing quality control. A carefully made item, with precise measurement should not turn out uneven. Let me put it this way, look how the end of the gold zipper doesn't meet the middle of the brown leather while the other end is perfectly symmetrical. Anywayz, I still adore LV's but just this aspect turned me off.

14. I know what you mean. I have a reasonably good idea how they make these things, and it seems quite clear they are not carefully been made. the peculiar thing is, some aspect of their product is done really well.

I don't know what red line you drew means.. but i can see right away that the leather tab is not in the center of the zipper pull tab. but not knowing the design of the bag and the bigger overall picture, i can't say for sure the severity of the mistake.

Well... In theory, the consumer shouldn't be required to inspect the item, thats what the QC and the Dealer is for.