Anybody wanna help me pick out a new bag?

InvinciChicken

Aug 4, 2008
Hi all! I'm a newbie here, obviously :sweatdrop:, looking for some wise insight. There's so many pretty Coach bags -- ahh I can't CHOOSE! If only I could win a Coach giveaway and have my closet filled with all the Coach bags ever... Dream on, right? :drool:

Anyway, I'm a soon-to-be college freshman and I need a pretty, useful bag for lugging around my laptop and binders. It needs to be an everyday sort of bag that matches with all my clothes, so I'm thinking black or brown leather? (But I'm staring at some of the plum-colored bags, drooling and thinking "Well I'm SURE I can use that with everything...!":graucho:) I'm also looking for cute details like metal buckles, rings, things like that that will help my bag stand out! Also, in an emergency I should be able to take it to an interview or even out to town with friends, so it can't have flashy logos everywhere.

I know, I know, a lot of criteria! But I love Coach -- I just bought some stuff recently and I'm in love with them already, I might post pics later. And my aunt bought this beautiful blue Coach bag with a chic buckle accent, and it's possibly the best purse I've ever seen. So I am hoping I can own my very own Coach bag too!

So, looking forward to your advice! Please help me find my perfect bag!

How about this bag ? Coach ergo large tote (10744)

They're available in leather, pebbled leather & patent leather
i have the pebbled leather one in white medium size

I think the model is very stylish, very lightweight, very roomy & u can put charms, keyfobs or even scarf to make this bag looks more beautiful. It's not a flashy bag & i get compliment from quite a lot of people when i'm wearing it.
That's why i really love this bag.

I borrow this pic from ergo lovers club thread i think it's from taralindsey & emarsha, thx 4 the pic btw :smile:

I hope u can find ur perfect bag

Attachments

• 2089809615_ac8ffd8f65.jpg
    2089809615_ac8ffd8f65.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 2490725656_cc532eb9bb.jpg
    2490725656_cc532eb9bb.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 78
How about Gigi. This bag can be found at the outlets now for $375. This bag might be heavy. The ergo tote is a good idea too. I bought the teal ergo tote for my mom last year and it is very pretty and big.

You are the ergo queen!
How about this bag ? Coach ergo large tote (10744)

They're available in leather, pebbled leather & patent leather
i have the pebbled leather one in white medium size

I think the model is very stylish, very lightweight, very roomy & u can put charms, keyfobs or even scarf to make this bag looks more beautiful. It's not a flashy bag & i get compliment from quite a lot of people when i'm wearing it.
That's why i really love this bag.

I borrow this pic from ergo lovers club thread i think it's from taralindsey & emarsha, thx 4 the pic btw :smile:

I hope u can find ur perfect bag

possibly a heritage stripe tote?? i just graduated myself & know how many tonnes of books youll be carrying(!) & this is much more lightweight than a gigi. only downside is the logo but... i think that this is overall a better choice for school.
http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=11427&category_id=1383

the large should be able to fit all your needs. & its available in brown (or berry, which is so cute for fall!)
hope that helps!

I'd go with the Heritage Stripe Tote (in plum)...it's neutral enough to go with pretty much everything...it's got that great coated cotton that will hold up well for any college student and will definitely fit a laptop/books. A lot of students come into my store and buy that specifically for school...honestly, I'd say anything leather with all that stuff in it for school would just get painfully heavy.

I don't know that there's a bag that's big enough for a laptop and binders that will look good going out at night, too. Your best bet might be the heritage totes - they're durable and super cute, but they might not be large enough for a laptop. You could probably do well by the hampton's line. Like you said, that purple is gorgeous and IMO it's just as versatile as black or brown. I'd even say it's more so, because you can wear it with black OR brown, or any other color too! The hampton's would be better in the case of an interview, since it's leather and a little less casual.

I'd have to agree with Chazzy...I'm in love with my 2 ergo totes...yes, TWO. That's how awesome they are! They're so incredibly light, yet versatile & roomy! I don't know if a laptop would fit (how big are laptops these days?), but whatever goes in these totes, are so easily accessible. There is also the large ergo tote if the laptop doesn't fit in the medium ones. I also have to agree with the other gals suggestion of the HS tote...because of the capacity. Also the material is so easy to take care of. I think you'll have to go to a store & try on everything and see what fits your style & what you're comfy with. Good luck & let us know how you make out!! :smile:

I'd go with the Heritage Stripe Tote (in plum)...it's neutral enough to go with pretty much everything...it's got that great coated cotton that will hold up well for any college student and will definitely fit a laptop/books. A lot of students come into my store and buy that specifically for school...honestly, I'd say anything leather with all that stuff in it for school would just get painfully heavy.

completely agree!!! This would be a great choice for a young girl like yourself. Its lightweight, roomy enough for books/laptop, low maintenance (just wipe it clean with a damp cloth) and the berry color is fun and young. My vote is for the berry Heritage tote!!! :tup:

Thank you for all the replies! I love the black bag (the Ergo tote?) in the first picture with the bronze/brass accents. It looks roomy, comfortable, and sleek at the same time. I think I may have to start hunting for that one in the outlets!

I am in love with the Hampton's Carryall in Purple, too. Again: roomy, comfy, yet still polished looking.

The heritage stripe tote is also adorable and was one of my first picks, but I'm not too fond of the signature pattern... Also the Gigi seems very heavy, so not a top choice. Sorry :sweatdrop:

Oh yes, my laptop isn't a very big one (it only has a 12" screen, high-res though so I'm set :yes:) and I don't think that I'll be packing more than one or two thin binders at a time. All the bags that you guys have listed so far are good sizes!

Thank you so much for the help. I think I'm going to get something similar to the Ergo totes or the Hampton. Off I go to the outlets! :yahoo: