Anybody tired....of switching bags?

I used to switch bags for every outfit, but now I would rather not. I'm even thinking of giving my mom and sister a few of the nicer one's that I don't carry much. I'm thinking I need an around-town, everyday leather bag, an evening bag, and my LV speedy for dressing up (Sunday's & date night.) Anybody in the same boat? I love bags, but you can only carry one at a time....

Jun 28, 2010
I'm with paris.elisa—I need to consolidate my bags. All I really need is a leather tote for work and a status bag (Chanel, LV, etc.) for outings. I have too many Coach and MBMJ bags that I don't even carry.

NagaJolokia

Living Hard
Nov 25, 2008
In White Noise and on Whitewater
I often carry *two* at a time.:P No I'm not tired of it; I rarely switch bags anyway even though I have a lot (31 purses excluding utility bags), and I do not switch depending on what I'm wearing or even the occasion sometimes. It depends on my mood and what bag needs to get a lower cost per wear.

VanBod1525

O.G.
May 19, 2009
Along the Thames
No, there is nothing wrong with you. Everyone has their own limit to how many bags they feel comfortable owning and using. I have about 20 bags - I rotate regularly but if I had more than that, I'd start to feel bad because they just would not get used.

Do what you feel is right for you.

bagshopr

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
U.S.A.
I think you have reached your saturation point. There is nothing wrong with you.
Gift/sell the bags you don't really want, and concentrate on the ones that work for you.

Omaha_2072

Back At Square One
Aug 1, 2008
Good ole' Midwest
I rarely ever switch bags. Maybe 3-4 times a year max. I do however grab some items out of my everyday bag and throw them into a clutch somewhat often. Like when I'm going out for the night & I don't want to take the contents of my entire bag with me.

vhdos

May 18, 2007
US
I don't switch bags very often. I have one standard Chanel (my diamond stitch tote) that I use daily. Every once in a while I will switch to my Chanel clutch or one of my Chanel flaps. Almost every time I do it, I grab my everyday bag the next day and forget my wallet in the other bag! I can't tell you how embarrassing it is to have a cart full of groceries and no method of payment because I don't have my wallet...

alouette

What the VEEP?
Nov 28, 2006
at CrossFit
I don't switch bags very often. I have one standard Chanel (my diamond stitch tote) that I use daily. Every once in a while I will switch to my Chanel clutch or one of my Chanel flaps. Almost every time I do it, I grab my everyday bag the next day and forget my wallet in the other bag! I can't tell you how embarrassing it is to have a cart full of groceries and no method of payment because I don't have my wallet...

Been there done that....hate it! Especially with a 3yo in tow.

I switch from time to time but not every day. I have a few throw around crossbody bags or Goyards when going to the park, gym bag for workouts and I usually switch to a nice clutch or smaller bag for church or running errands by myself.

When it's no longer fun to switch bags for variety's sake then that is a sign that your "bag love" phase is waning. I'm sure it will come back again once there are some bags that catch your eye. I'm in a blah phase myself where I don't really "need" anything. Perhaps those are your feelings..?

When I think about it, when my time is the highest commodity, I rather not take the time to switch bags. Even five minutes counts with a 3yo running around causing chaos.

May 15, 2009
Washington DC
I usually switch bags once a week, but that is fairly new for me. Until a few months ago I was only switching every few months, but now I have a job and I have more bags so I like to switch it up more frequently. I don't know if this is crazy but I actually plan my work outfits for the week around what bag I'm going to use :nuts:!

Sometimes it gets annoying, like when I slip my ID or ATM card into a small pocket of one bag and forget to take it out when I switch, or when I decide to wear something that totally doesn't match my bag choice for the week.

jxwilliams

O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
Well, no...I now have 7 bags that I LOVE. I switch them out weekly and look forward to using each and every one of them! I found that when I had too many bags (for me that is 10+), I would stress and feel some guilt about not using bags enough. I purged and got down to 3 bags and that was not enough variety for me. Everybody has a different number of bags they are comfortable with. It's all about balance!

BgaHolic

Emma 4ever in my <3
O.G.
May 23, 2009
NYC
That's probably why I don't own all that many. I'm too lazy to switch. In fact, I notice if I go out during the week night, I wear the same one I wore all day. I love my every day bags.