Anybody Remember A. J. Langer?

Echoes

O.G.
Aug 8, 2008
I saw somebody in an old SitCom recently that reminded me of her, so I did a quick search and found that she apparently married VERY well.

From the Wiki:

After recurring roles on several television shows, including The Wonder Years and Drexell's Class, Langer was cast as Rayanne Graff on My So-Called Life. She also appeared in the cast of the sitcoms It's Like, You Know... and Three Sisters as well as the drama series Eyes. Her film appearances include John Carpenter's Escape From L.A. and Wes Craven's horror film The People Under the Stairs.

In 2011, after a six-year acting hiatus, Langer appeared in 14 episodes of Private Practice in the recurring role of Erica Warner. She left the show in 2012 following the death of her character.

Langer married attorney Charles Courtenay, styled "Lord Courtenay," the son of the Earl of Devon, in a civil ceremony in 2004. A formal wedding took place on April 30, 2005, in Los Angeles, California.[2] Upon the death of the current Earl, Langer (who holds the courtesy title "Lady Courtenay") will assume the title of Countess of Devon, and will relocate to the family seat at Powderham Castle. The couple have two children: daughter The Hon. Joscelyn Skye (born January 31, 2007) and a son, The Hon. Jack Haydon Langer Courtenay (born August 2009). In January 2014, Langer and Courtenay permanently relocated their family to London.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._Langer

And yet, you never hear anything about her in any of the tabloids or media outlets, nor do the Paps follow her around.

Attachments

• nm0486277.jpg
    nm0486277.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 445
The beloved but tragically short-lived "My So-Called Life" turns 20 years old this week. The teen drama only ran for one season on ABC, but went on to become a cult classic for its realistic take on adolescent life (without veering into after-school special territory).

But what of the supporting cast? That's where it gets a little strange.

Perhaps the most surprising is what became of Rayanne Graff, Angela's wild child BFF. Actress A.J. Langer, 40, now happens to be a Lady -- literally. Ten years ago, the actress wed Charles Peregrine Courtenay, a.k.a. Lord Courtenay, the son of the 18th Earl of Devon, after they met in Las Vegas in 2002.

"Hearing that Charlie was marrying a Hollywood actress he met in Vegas, well, you can imagine there were a lot of preconceived notions," Langer told People in 2005. Once the current Earl passes, she will become the Countess of Devon and move to Powderham Castle. And though Langer clearly approaches her new found status with a sense of humour, she is not unaware of the responsibility: "There's a lot to learn. What a job it is to run a castle."

https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/blog...-20-strange-places-stars-ended-164314770.html

^^ I catch Freaks and Geeks on IFC every now and then. They don't run things on normal schedules though.

I've never see 'Life', but I've seen Langer in a few other shows. She seems to have always played the troubled teen you really didn't want to trust.

Weird thing that after posting about So Called Life I watched the pilot of The Red Band Society and there was Wilson Cruz playing a nurse.

Think the last thing I saw AJ on was Private Practice /Grey's back when Lexie was still living.

^^^ Yep! I yelled out, "It's Ricky!!"
I loved My So Called Life. That came out right after I graduated HS, so it felt like my life was on TV. Such a great show.