anybody read SHOPAHOLIC novels by Sophie Kinsella?

I've read all 4 series and Im waiting for the new one that's coming out! It's soo ridiculously funny at parts that I find myself laughing outloud.

I also highly recommand "Can you Keep a Secret." (I heard a rumour that the book is being made into a play with Kate Hudson. Not too sure if its true though, but she would be the perfect character.)

Another good one is "Undomestic Goddess" althought not as witty as the the other series!

All written by fabulous Sophie. =)

OMG! my mom saw it at costco i think it was and she had to buy it for me!!!! I loved it loved it loved! the moment i finished it i went out and bought the second one. My school librarian knows me and she is ordering copies of the whole series!! Until then it is being passed around by all my friends. I think we are going to be fighting for the copies when they arrive!!

I'm so excited you are all talking about this! I am actually just starting my PhD dissertation in English on chick lit novels. I love Bergdorf Blondes, The Nanny Diaries, all of the Candace Bushnell stuff, Citizen Girl, the Shopaholic series, A Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing, Good in Bed, In her Shoes, Everyone Worth Knowing, The Devil Wears Prada, and of course the Bridget Jones novels! Are there any others that you think are particularly good?

Pinkcaviar said:
I've read all 4 series and Im waiting for the new one that's coming out! It's soo ridiculously funny at parts that I find myself laughing outloud.

I also highly recommand "Can you Keep a Secret." (I heard a rumour that the book is being made into a play with Kate Hudson. Not too sure if its true though, but she would be the perfect character.)

Another good one is "Undomestic Goddess" althought not as witty as the the other series!

All written by fabulous Sophie. =)

ooohhhh.... i love "can you keep a secret" it's sooo funny. but "undomestic goddess" is not my favourite :sad:

enjlux said:
so what is the order
1)confessions of a shopaholic
then 2) shopoholic goes do manhattan
i've only read those two, what is the order after it?

3/ shopaholic ties the knot
4/ shopaholic & sister

Avery, I read (and have/had) every single book you just mentioned! :biggrin: Oh, except A girl's guide. Just finished reading "Size 12 is not Fat" and "The Second Assistant".

Mello_yello_jen, glad you liked the books! :biggrin:

I just finished the first one and am looking for the second, but in the meantime I picked up The Undomestic Goddess. Although I noticed that the first book waited until 3/4 of the way through to bother getting interesting.

I think I am going to hit up Borders today...I just finally finished a huge stack of books last night.
I seem to only find the time during the summer because of school :sad:
And Mom is coming down tomorrow night and she usually brings a stack of 20 books or so for me to read.
That is sooooo cool that they are going to make the series (well the first book) into a movie. I was just thinking about that the other day!