Anybody pick up a free Lush canvas tote?

jc2239

O.G.
Nov 28, 2005

I saw that the Lush in Soho was trading plastic bags for free Lush canvas bags today, and was wondering if anybody saw this elsewhere in front of Lush stores. I was actually pretty surprised by how many people were reluctant to give up their ratty plastic bags for a nice canvas tote, but nevertheless it was mighty entertaining to see!

i couldn't resist taking a photo of the Lush bag lady for my blog :P.

http://abeautyfulsentiment.blogspot.com/2008/04/visit-lush-bag-lady-for-free-canvas.html

i only wish i'd taken a video instead because she was singing and dancing and yelling like a mad-woman :upsidedown:.

definitely stop by and check her out if you happen to be in the area!

a few more canvas tote related deals:

"Bliss: Bring your recycled Bliss bag (you know the cute little blue bags!) to any spa location and receive 20% off Bliss and Laboratoire Remede products.

Kiehl's: The first 50 people to return one of their empty Kiehl's bottles to one of their free-standing stores (to be recycled of course) will receive a free canvas tote bag."

^^ i really really wished i had a plastic bag to trade in! i'm going back to soho tomorrow to check out the mac store and the dress camp collection so if this is still going on, i'm definitely going to try to remember to try to take a plastic bag and pick on up!

I think this is a great idea! I HATE plastic bags, they end up everywhere, they float across the road and get stuck under your car. They end up in oceans...in short, they suck!

I love the idea of encouraging people to carry a tote instead. I need to remember to carry mine more often.

That lady is awesome. Love the photo!

Oooh! I have an almost-empty Kiehls bottle I could trade in! Is NM doing this or just the freestanding Kiehls stores?

BTW I saw this on your blog last night, J. I'm not a crazy stalker I swear! I saw the link in your sig and I've been reading it. I :heart: it! I was actually going to pm you about it, but I forgot :flowers:

I think this is a great idea! I HATE plastic bags, they end up everywhere, they float across the road and get stuck under your car. They end up in oceans...in short, they suck!

I love the idea of encouraging people to carry a tote instead. I need to remember to carry mine more often.

That lady is awesome. Love the photo!

thanks! i wasn't sure how she'd feel about being photographed, but she loved it!

and it's great that they're encouraging people to do their part to help the environment.

Oooh! I have an almost-empty Kiehls bottle I could trade in! Is NM doing this or just the freestanding Kiehls stores?

BTW I saw this on your blog last night, J. I'm not a crazy stalker I swear! I saw the link in your sig and I've been reading it. I :heart: it! I was actually going to pm you about it, but I forgot :flowers:

i think it's only the free-standing kiehl's stores :Push:.

and i'm so glad you've been checking out my blog claire! i'm completely flattered and hope you're liking the content so far. i'll be having a few giveaways soon so be sure to check back!

well that makes me feel better, thanks. i must say that i really do love my lush bag, great quality and size.

plus i went back today and they weren't giving them away anymore :crybaby:.