Anybody know what rights Paypal really has?

aptmtb

O.G.
Sep 20, 2006
I'm sure there are many among us that have experienced having a buyer place a dispute with Paypal and then keeping the merchandise.

I sold a $2300 Prada Cervo recently (NWT, perfect and for only $799 - yeah, I know it was a screaming deal!). Anyways I don't have enough bad words to label the woman who bought it. She placed a dispute with Paypal and she still has the bag.

So, Paypal has been taking their own sweet time to resolve this...and I just realized, I don't really care! I have my attorney on speed dial and I'm about to file *something* against this woman even if it is major theft across state lines.

And Paypal? My account has negative balance but guess what? If they do nothing, they are the ones that are out of $800. They cannot take money out of my bank account (where the $800 now sits). And if the %$#! woman sends the bag back to me in used condition? well, Paypal better no release her credit card funds because it will really be Legal War!

Paypal dont have any rights, they are just a body for sending money from one place to another. Unfortunately they have us sign giving them the right to access our money if they feel like it.
Glad you have an attorney, he might be your only fallback because the only thing paypal seem to do for us is take charges for money received and then claw it back. Good luck with this.

PayPal is God! I keep telling people this and no one listens - they can do anything and everything they want with our money at any time or any place. Your PayPal account, Bank Account or Major Credit Card. I heard yesterday that ebay is thinking of using PayPal as the only form of payment. In other words, there will be no other form of payment accepted on ebay - no money orders, cashiers checks, etc. YOU MUST USE PAYPAL!

This is TRUE, I received a Email from Auctiva, the Auction Template Site stating that Paypal would be the only form of payment taken. Paypal and Ebay are the SAME Company. They make more money this way...

Sometimes it is best to simply refund a troublesome buyer. I am sure your bag was new as described. Paypal just takes too long to decide on dispute, meanwhile this buyer has your bag to do as they wish. If the bag comes back in poor condiiton, this is where your seller protection kicks in, well we hope...
Good luck.

If you have any account linked up w/ paypal and you have no funds in your paypal account they will take from your checking:tdown:

Wow, I didn't know that they have this right! That's pretty scary!
How else can you withdraw money into your account then? I guess it's time to open a bank account with little to no money in it!

Sometimes it is best to simply refund a troublesome buyer. I am sure your bag was new as described. Paypal just takes too long to decide on dispute, meanwhile this buyer has your bag to do as they wish. If the bag comes back in poor condiiton, this is where your seller protection kicks in, well we hope...
Good luck.

I would love it if the buyer returned my bag...but they won't! And they still have the dispute open. Which means the buyer thinks it's free money! And Paypal is just taking their own sweet time because Paypal has very little motivation to move faster.

Lucky, I moved the funds to my bank account before the dispute came in, so the only thing impacted is my Paypal account, which has a negative balance.

Thanks for the warnings about removing my bank account from Paypal! Good advice!

Paypal have never taken money out of the two sellers accounts when they scammed me!!!

I twice filed a claim and WON...only to be refunded f**k all because Paypal said that even though I won the claim, the sellers didnt have any money in their Paypal account. Then they have the cheek to list in their emails that they will make 'every effort' to recover my money, but they dont bother at all as the sellers are still trading, but I dont even get a whiff of my money!!

I dont think you are covered at all when you use paypal. Grrrr!

Paypal cannot and will not take funds from your banking account..

www.paypalsucks.com <---more info

YES they can AND they have

Info taken from link you provided:

3. Their terms of service are not completely disclosed upon signup and some key "conditions" are not disclosed. They fail to mention their total lack of security to prevent your account from being compromised by phishing & spoof sites. That if your account is accessed by a criminal using one of these methods, PayPal will hold YOU monetarily & legally responsible! Also, no place do they openly tell potential members that their money is 100% at risk. That PayPal can, will, and has in the past, completely cleaned out customers' accounts, (including your checking or savings account) with no appeals process available. Instead they bury in the fine print of 37 pages of their "Terms of Service" (ToS) where they disclose to you that PayPal can close your account for any reason what-so-ever, or no reason, and then you have to wait 180 days to get your money. Think that'll never happen? Think again. That's what everyone thinks till it happens to them.

I have an idea but don't know if it will work.
Set up a new email account, and do not link it with any Paypal account.
Put that email address in the payment section when you are selling an item.
Customer will not be able to pay, that's when you send her a note with other payment options.
I believe you can't mention you take other forms of payment on your auction, and in time when ebay makes Paypal the only payment method, I wonder if this will work fine? What do you think?