Anybody have tried to get a visa nowadays ?

Blondycat129

May 11, 2020
Hello, due to new restrictions (I am from Canada) now we need to get visa to go SK. I was wondering if they accept to give you a visa even if it's not for an urgent reason ?

Even it's little bit more complicated than that because I think you need to provide a paper from a doctor or result of test of COVID 19 dated of 48hrs before sending the visa request. I think it's because of insurance who will not cover you if you started to have COVID19 before being cover. . . (Because as soon as you arrive SK they make you do a test and if you test positive, than it would mean you had it before being covered...)

That's also another thing to be careful because some insurance won't cover you if your country was level 3-4 (written in the small lines...) and some insurance don't cover COVID19. So ask question properly because it can be lots of deceptions and trouble after... Even I don't understand why insurance company are legal by doing that, it's such a trap.

I think also they will ask you a proof that insurance cover COVID19 also before giving the visa.

Anyway it seems a complicated procedures, so anyone got a visa recently ? ^^

(English is not my first language so sorry for the mistakes)

Ya me too I thought it was the rule but I saw a girl with US passport went there on B-2 for 90 days. (23 days ago) She didn't ask the visa beforehand because USA didn't ban S.Korea so S.Korea didn't ban them either... I will try to call consulate Monday or Tuesday to see if it's possible. I will keep you update. Here's the picture of the thread on reddit from US lady.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200531-000510.png
    Screenshot_20200531-000510.png
    562.1 KB · Views: 91
Ok! I'm not sure about Canada but Korea has banned arrivals from Singapore (by scrapping visa waiver). Not to mention a 14-day quarantine when arriving in Korea and a 14 day quarantine upon returning to Singapore - that's a month in quarantine if I do travel. I decided not to apply since it's so difficult to travel now...

Oh Oki I see ya. I was planning to go for 2 months so I don't mind the 2 weeks quarantine since I study from home and can work on other things on my laptop. Also since its better staying home nowadays. It doesn't make that much difference for me. Because when we are healing from surgery, normally we stay inside hiding lol. But I don't recommend anyone to think like me, but since it's less busy, I was thinking the surgeons have more time to do better surgery and they give more discount so it comes the same price as if we don't need to pay for quarantine. But yeah it's better decision to wait I agree, but I still want to try to go anyway :/

Oh Oki I see ya. I was planning to go for 2 months so I don't mind the 2 weeks quarantine since I study from home and can work on other things on my laptop. Also since its better staying home nowadays. It doesn't make that much difference for me. Because when we are healing from surgery, normally we stay inside hiding lol. But I don't recommend anyone to think like me, but since it's less busy, I was thinking the surgeons have more time to do better surgery and they give more discount so it comes the same price as if we don't need to pay for quarantine. But yeah it's better decision to wait I agree, but I still want to try to go anyway :/

I see! Wishing you good luck dearie! I would love to travel now too if I could :sad: Korea and SG are discussing "green lanes"! But I'm not sure if they'll allow it for medical tourism. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Blondycat129
Oh thanks I appreciate :smile: Really! Seems like a good opening is coming soon, I hope they will allow SG and Canada haha but it seems like something in between closest country so Canada is not in the discussion for now. For the visa, me too I thought we needed medical visa, but in fact, medical visa is for when you need to stay more than 3 months for medical reason or treatment. If we stay below 90 days, ps count for tourism so just tourism visa. It's the way I understood it, maybe I'm making mistake^^ Hopefully things will move soon :smile:

Reactions: Pakune
Do you know there is a 2 weeks quarantine in Korea now if you visited from another country?
Yes I think you have to do a mandatory 2 weeks quarantine except if you have a paper that say for serious reasons you can't do it in government's facilities. You have to fill that paper before going and have it approved. But still need to download the app and receive a call everyday if I'm not wrong.

To follow up, I've called the consulate of Korea in Ottawa, Canada and they told me it's not possible to get a short term visa for tourism. Only for serious reasons like visiting sick family and so on. I will have to wait until things change... :/

To follow up, I've called the consulate of Korea in Ottawa, Canada and they told me it's not possible to get a short term visa for tourism. Only for serious reasons like visiting sick family and so on. I will have to wait until things change... :/

I see...
I personally think that cosmetic surgery and other elective procedures are part of mental wellbeing as it relates to personal image and grooming. To me, "essential" travel should be left up to the discretion of individual travellers as they would have to count the cost of travel (e.g. 14 day quarantine). I hope things change soon too.

Reactions: Blondycat129