Anybody have any real life experience with Deadly Ponies bags?

circoit

Aug 14, 2006
I am in love with several of their bags from Fall/Winter 2013 (they are in Australia, so it synonymous with us northerners S/S).

I am wondering how they are in real life. I hear the leather is really soft - is the deerskin pretty heavy or really light?

Here are some of my favorites:

Attachments

• 5_15.jpg
    5_15.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,935
  • 8_15.jpg
    8_15.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,910
  • 10_16.jpg
    10_16.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,818
  • 11_15.jpg
    11_15.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,775
  • 2_21.jpg
    2_21.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,770
  • 15_12.jpg
    15_12.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,786
I am in love with several of their bags from Fall/Winter 2013 (they are in Australia, so it synonymous with us northerners S/S).

I am wondering how they are in real life. I hear the leather is really soft - is the deerskin pretty heavy or really light?

Here are some of my favorites:

Oh wow. Those are super awesome. I love them! I have never heard of this brand.

Reactions: ladidalola
I've not seen them in real life but have been following their collections for a few years. They do great funky styles in fabulous leather. Let us know if you get one!

In fact, I believe they are based in New Zealand. Which makes me think ... I have friend spending a year in NZ right now. This could be my chance to scout them out through her!

Nice collection. The company is based in New Zealand and are designed by Liam Bowden. I believed he began with a jewelry collection and then ventured into other accessories which includes scarves also.

I don’t believe the bags can be purchased anywhere at this time other than on his website. He has gathered quite a following over the last few years and his pieces are sold out on pre-orders.

Well, I just ordered this bag in the Grigio (the taupe) color!

I was planning on also getting the mini fill n zip in oxblood, but it sold out the day I finally had the money to purchase it : (

If any of you ladies are on the fence, don't wait - they have already sold out of a lot of colors in the various styles. And, with free worldwide shipping right now - its not a bad time to try this brand out.

Attachments

• 9.MrChainMail_1_large.jpg
    9.MrChainMail_1_large.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,520
Well, I just ordered this bag in the Grigio (the taupe) color!

I was planning on also getting the mini fill n zip in oxblood, but it sold out the day I finally had the money to purchase it : (

If any of you ladies are on the fence, don't wait - they have already sold out of a lot of colors in the various styles. And, with free worldwide shipping right now - its not a bad time to try this brand out.

Gorgeous -- I hope you'll post IRL pix when you get it!

I bought a black Mr. Leopard from last season's range and I absolutely love it.
The leather is so soft, New Zealand deer. The gold details are lovely, very sturdy hardware and overall a high standard of quality.
I think each is handmade?

I got mine in black and have had no issues so far. The interior pocket is rather small.

I have heard that with some of the colours the ink can rub onto clothes, I have only had this issue once when I (stupidly) wore an ivory silk shirt and used the shoulder strap!

I got the matching wallet and am planning to get a custom tag !
After seeing the new range I am partial to the Dusman (OP first image) however I think it is already sold out in that lovely grey :sad:

As for the weight of the leather, I don't find it heavy.

I bought mine from superette, they replied very quickly. You can't buy them online and she did everything for me over email and was helpful. I had my parcel forwarded from New Zealand and it was definitely worth it with the exchange rate.
If I bought it in AUD I would have paid $560, but through superette and $NZD I think I ended up paying around the $400 mark.

I thought I'd bump this thread considering it is still the current season :smile:

Hello there,

Its nice to see some talk about deadly ponies for once, I got my mr fill and zip back in 2008, when they used to hang a brass bone charm from every bag, (they stopped that a few years ago).
I have also got the bag named mr bone as well,
hope more people find out about the brand and hope fully purchasing as well!
Maybe some pics might make it on here too…...