Anybody has problems with the Parnassea Alma strap?

atlantique

O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
I have bought the Parnassea Alma this year ( it will be definitely ny LAST purchase from LV!!) .

The first time I weared it with the strap, the hardware of the strap opened and the Alma was falling down. The next time I have controlled very good if the strap was fixed very good. After a few minutes my wonderful Alma was falling down on the street like the first time I weared it. It has some scratches now what bothers me!
Then I was at the store, the SA said me that he can't see any defects on the hardware, I should wear the Alma and see what happens.
The next time I weared it, I have had the same horrible experience. My Alma was falling on the road.
Now I have done the bag for a quality control to LV.

Has anybody the same problem like me? Your answer would be very helpful - thank you!

If you read the thread in full, you'll see that the problem was explained away and they found a solution :smile: It has to do with the direction that you're attaching the lobster clasp in.

If you read the thread in full, you'll see that the problem was explained away and they found a solution :smile: It has to do with the direction that you're attaching the lobster clasp in.

Thank you, I readed the tread,

But I would not accept, that the hardware of a 4000 Dollar bag is construated like that - that it isn't possible to fix the strap easily like I can do it with EVERY other bag of my collection!

The hardware of my Alma is cheap material, LV has to produce it, that the customer can handle it without thinking and trying before he fix it on the bag!

That's ok for a cheap bag, but for 4000 Dollar I expecz other quality!

PO has been all over the LV forum bashing LV since last week. Sorry to even comment here but couldn't help myself. We come here to share experiences and learn new things and enjoy one another's bags. Not really to see someone comment on every thread with negative comments. I don't deny there being issues with quality for sure but everyone does not experience them. I understand having a bad experience is horrible but wow girlfriend. Seeing how you have so many problems with LV you probably should sell all your LV and move on for crying out loud. Go to another designer like Hermes who has NO issues at all.

Just saying.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Last edited:
I agree that for a bag of ANY price, the strap should work regardless of the way you clip the strap. There should not be so much thought required behind it from the user.

It's true the OP has been bashing LV, but still... the clasp should be a non issue.

PO has been all over the LV forum bashing LV since last week. Sorry to even comment here but couldn't help myself. We come here to share experiences and learn new things and enjoy one another's bags. Not really to see someone comment on every thread with negative comments. I understand having a bad experience is horrible but wow girlfriend. Seeing how you have so many problems with LV you probably should sell all your LV and move on for crying out loud. Go to another designer like Hermes who has NO issues at all.

Just saying.

Be Blessed MoNikki

I agree. If I had that many problems with a brand I would also move on. Maybe OP thought that the bag in question would hold up better, given the higher price tag.

After waiting 3 weeks I have received a new strap for my Parnassea Alma. Today I have weared it and I have the same Problem like with my "old" strap: the hardware of the strap opened and my Alma was falling on the floor.

I'm soooooooooo disappointed and frustrated about LV now !!!!!