Any way to preserve the date code in peeling Vuittonite?

Mar 15, 2008
I've had a vintage toilette 26 for years and the Vuittonite seemed to be in good shape.
I started using it more than I ever had and it's recently started to peel and get sticky, I'm guessing due to the humidity and heat in the area I'm in [emoji17].

I know if I remove the Vuittonite before it becomes an even stickier nightmare, it'll remove the imprinted date code also.

Is there any way to preserve the date code?

I've had a vintage toilette 26 for years and the Vuittonite seemed to be in good shape.
I started using it more than I ever had and it's recently started to peel and get sticky, I'm guessing due to the humidity and heat in the area I'm in [emoji17].

I know if I remove the Vuittonite before it becomes an even stickier nightmare, it'll remove the imprinted date code also.
Is there any way to preserve the date code?
Vuittonite will slowly disintegrate over time with regular use and not much can be done about it. Some items can get relined by Louis Vuitton, although I suspect that your vintage TP26 would probably not qualify. Maybe put a coat of clear nail polish over the date code? It may delay the decaying of the lining in that area.