Any way to order Cuban-style espresso at Starbucks? Recommendations please!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Lately I've been craving that intense, sweet Cuban coffee, but I can't figure out how to order a reasonable facsimile at Starbucks. Anyone have any suggestions, aside from making my own at home? :biggrin:

I tried a flat white with an extra shot & raw sugar. Ok, but not really strong enough and flavor profile wasn't the same. The closest thing I see on the menu might be espresso macchiato, then just add raw sugar? Just wondering if maybe someone else has discovered a secret recipe.

2. http://www.miami.com/miami-restaurants/starbucks-just-opened-a-coffee-ventanita-in-miami-and-your-abuela-is-crying-187118/

From the article this is how Starbucks did a cortadito and a café con leche:

The Starbucks cortadito I ordered was enormous. It came in an 8-ounce “short” paper cup, and when I checked my receipt, it rang up as a double macchiato with one pump of white mocha syrup and three packets of raw sugar.

The café con leche rang up as a triple macchiato with two pumps of white mocha and four sugars.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice