Any Vanilla fans ?

Slowhand

O.G.
Feb 12, 2009
I'm thinking of buying a light coloured bag for the summer & wondered about vanilla darwin ? I haven't seen it irl and would be interested to have any views. Is it a 'warm' or ' 'cold' colour iykmim? and do you get colour transfer ? and does it go yellow with age ?
Any views or experiences please :flowers:
Thank you

Hey Slowhand, I have a darwin vanilla Emmy and it is a gorgeous warm colour. Mine has not yellowed with age and I have had no problems with colour transfer. She has been colonilled so imagine that helps but I have worn her messenger style with denim and not a mark on her!

What bag are you considering? I LOVE my vanilla beauty in the summer :love:

Hey Slowhand, I have a darwin vanilla Emmy and it is a gorgeous warm colour. Mine has not yellowed with age and I have had no problems with colour transfer. She has been colonilled so imagine that helps but I have worn her messenger style with denim and not a mark on her!

What bag are you considering? I LOVE my vanilla beauty in the summer :love:

Thanks MM - just what I wanted to hear :yahoo:

I don't have any experience with vanilla Darwin but have always thought it would look gorgeous worn in the summer. I hope you find what you're looking for!

PS Is that a sneaky addition I see in your signature? Why oh why haven't we seen pics?!

I have an Alana in vanilla darwin and I love it!! It's a warm, creamy, scrumptious colour and sofar there hasn't been any colour transfer.
But to be honest, it didn't leave the house much, since I bought it end November. But I take it out of it's dustbag every day and admire it. Still, no colour transfer from my drooling. (Can't wait till Spring!)

I don't have any experience with vanilla Darwin but have always thought it would look gorgeous worn in the summer. I hope you find what you're looking for!

PS Is that a sneaky addition I see in your signature? Why oh why haven't we seen pics?!

LOL KLP - you don't miss anything do you :graucho:
I'm just going to start a thread - it might explain a bit more :P

Love vanilla. Have been eying one on ebay but I've spent enough recently. I like to use my bags (bad!) so i'm a bit concerned that I would wreck a vanilla bag. What do vanilla owners think? Is it very difficult to keep clean?

I think youd love Vanilla Slowhand.

My Darwin Emmy is the colour of homemade rice pudding ie a lovely biscuity cream, def warm tones.

Id say its a summer colour BUT saw a girl today carrying a Vanilla Babington and she was wearing coffee latte/chocolate clothes & Choc Uggs...............she looked really lovely & oh so stylish.

I don't have a Vanilla Darwin bag but I used to stare fixedly and repeatedly at a wonderful Vanilla Darwin Roxanne in a shop window in Winchester so I can tell you that it is a warmish colour and just what you need for summer. (I didn't have the money to purchase that bag but wish that I had it now.)

Well ladies it's as though my dithering has cost me dearly and I can't believe what has happened !! The day before yesterday when I logged onto eBay I had a 20% off voucher against everything I looked at !
I decided to go for a Vanilla Annie & emailed the seller to ask for a BIN price.She replied yesterday evening that she had just rejected £350 if that helped me ?

I decided to go for £360 less the 20% ....and when I went in to buy it the 20% off had gone I couldnt believe it :pout: