Any Vanilla fans ?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm thinking of buying a light coloured bag for the summer & wondered about vanilla darwin ? I haven't seen it irl and would be interested to have any views. Is it a 'warm' or ' 'cold' colour iykmim? and do you get colour transfer ? and does it go yellow with age ?
    Any views or experiences please :flowers:
    Thank you

2. vanilla would be a great colour for the upcoming summer!

3. Hey Slowhand, I have a darwin vanilla Emmy and it is a gorgeous warm colour. Mine has not yellowed with age and I have had no problems with colour transfer. She has been colonilled so imagine that helps but I have worn her messenger style with denim and not a mark on her!

What bag are you considering? I LOVE my vanilla beauty in the summer :love:

4. Thanks MM - just what I wanted to hear :yahoo:

5. :yahoo: glad to hear it, it is such a gorgeous leather!! Hope you find what you are looking for!

6. I have a vanilla Kensington-I find it quite a yellow cream

Attached Files:

7. Thanks Mama - it looks lovely and just right for me . It's so diificult without seeing the colours irl isn't it .

I'm an autumn & need warm creamy colours rather than cold ones and it looks perfect.
    Thank you

8. I don't have any experience with vanilla Darwin but have always thought it would look gorgeous worn in the summer. I hope you find what you're looking for!

PS Is that a sneaky addition I see in your signature? Why oh why haven't we seen pics?!

9. I have an Alana in vanilla darwin and I love it!! It's a warm, creamy, scrumptious colour and sofar there hasn't been any colour transfer.
    But to be honest, it didn't leave the house much, since I bought it end November. But I take it out of it's dustbag every day and admire it. Still, no colour transfer from my drooling. (Can't wait till Spring!)

10. LOL KLP - you don't miss anything do you :graucho:
    I'm just going to start a thread - it might explain a bit more :P

11. Love vanilla. Have been eying one on ebay but I've spent enough recently. I like to use my bags (bad!) so i'm a bit concerned that I would wreck a vanilla bag. What do vanilla owners think? Is it very difficult to keep clean?

12. I think Vanilla is lovely. If I could carry off lighter colours then I would definately consider Vanilla.

13. I think youd love Vanilla Slowhand.

My Darwin Emmy is the colour of homemade rice pudding ie a lovely biscuity cream, def warm tones.

Id say its a summer colour BUT saw a girl today carrying a Vanilla Babington and she was wearing coffee latte/chocolate clothes & Choc Uggs...............she looked really lovely & oh so stylish.

14. I don't have a Vanilla Darwin bag but I used to stare fixedly and repeatedly at a wonderful Vanilla Darwin Roxanne in a shop window in Winchester so I can tell you that it is a warmish colour and just what you need for summer. (I didn't have the money to purchase that bag but wish that I had it now.)

15. Well ladies it's as though my dithering has cost me dearly and I can't believe what has happened !! The day before yesterday when I logged onto eBay I had a 20% off voucher against everything I looked at !
    I decided to go for a Vanilla Annie & emailed the seller to ask for a BIN price.She replied yesterday evening that she had just rejected £350 if that helped me ?

I decided to go for £360 less the 20% ....and when I went in to buy it the 20% off had gone I couldnt believe it :pout: