Any tricks for keeping slingbacks from slipping off your heels?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have these Dolce & Gabbana snakeskin sandals that I love...I got them on eBay, and they fit perfect except the slingback won't stay on my heel, which is narrow, and slides down all the time. Anyone have any tricks on keeping slingbacks up (other than superglue?) Thanks!

2. I have the same problem too, particularly when I'm wearing tights with my slingbacks... there are some sticky tab things (Dr Scholl I think?) that you can place on the inner part of your slingback that helps keep them on.

Admittedly I haven't tried them... too scared they'll rip the leather of my shoes when I try to take them off

3. Foot Petal Strappy Strips work for me. I haven't tried removing them though.

4. For me it's cutting into my heel (the inside of the buckle). That's what happened today and I'm in so much pain.
    Mine never slide down though.

I use the gelly insert, it helps to keep my foot in place which helps the strap too.

5. The Dr. Scholls tape didn't help me. They ended up rubbing off as I walk and eventually looked like a piece of bandaid hanging from my heel. Hollywood Fashion Tape seemed to be more effective though.

6. If it's an elasticized sling you should be able to take it to a good cobbler who can shorten the elastic and make it fit your foot better. For an adjustable sling a cobbler can add extra holes so you can make it tighter.

7. Another vote for the Foot Petals strappy strips. I haven't tried removing those before, but I have removed the tip toe cushions before and was able to remove them without any problems.

8. the footpetals strip work with pumps but most slingbacks are too thin for the footpetal strips. I have this problem with most Manolo Blahnik Carolyne's which is why I rarely wear the ones I own....

9. I use double sided tape or Strappy Slips. I don't like removing Strappy Slips because they always leave the glue residue behind.

10. I just started using the Dr. Scholl ones and they seem to be working better than the foot petals ones - those never seem to stay on.

11. Uh...I think people are talking about the strappy strips, which ARE really thin, not the wider heavenly heel strips that are meant for pumps.

12. ^ Oh, I see. I've never heard of the strappy slips. I'll have to look into that next time I go to pick up supplies.