Any TPF Mwembers Who Luv Gucci Just Not Satisfied W/ LV...

Jan 25, 2009
I've been plotting for the longest time to purchase a Damier Neverfull GM, a Petit Damier Scarf and a Petit Damier Hat. Well everyone knows LV had majority of their items out of stock for the longest. Anyway the items were finally available so I made my purchase, but now that my items arrived I'm just not satisfied.

The Neverful GM bag seem a bit smaller than I imagined and the scarf & hat don't match the bag as I thought it would - not to mind you the scarf & hat seem way too dark.

I've been plotting for the longest time to purchase a Damier Neverfull GM, a Petit Damier Scarf and a Petit Damier Hat. Well everyone knows LV had majority of their items out of stock for the longest. Anyway the items were finally available so I made my purchase, but now that my items arrived I'm just not satisfied.

The Neverful GM bag seem a bit smaller than I imagined and the scarf & hat don't match the bag as I thought it would - not to mind you the scarf & hat seem way too dark.

I hear ya, loud and clear :yes:

There are some pretty amazing vintage LV pieces around that are strong and sexy (including my key-ring I just rediscovered) but the 'new' same ol'-same ol' that people queue for just doesn't do it for me personally anymore.

This is a Gucci thread so you will find many Gucci lovers here. If you're not satisfied with your items then return it.

Go to Gucci presale on the Friday and see if you love anything!

I posted this thread here because I'm a Gucci lover who have been pretty much satisfied with my Gucci purchases. I was just wondering about everyone's opinion of Gucci vs LV because there are many TPFs who luv both designers. I just wanted something new and different so I said why not LV they're top notch.

I sooo understand what you mean! For the longest time I was longing for the Damier Speedy but dam LV was out of stock FOREVER until finally I just got over it, and then I got the Gucci Holiday Catalog and I've fallen in :heart: with Gucci all over again... so off to the Gucci Sale I go! (although the one I want I know won't be on sale but o well) ...either way back to my 1st love! lol

There are some pretty amazing vintage LV pieces around that are strong and sexy (including my key-ring I just rediscovered) but the 'new' same ol'-same ol' that people queue for just doesn't do it for me personally anymore.

^ita Luv vintage LVs the handbags and accessories are beautiful! I plan on investing in a few vintage LVs in the future. Yes totally strong and sexy gotta bring that sexy LV back! Also, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase return it.

I do not have any LV but I been checking it out of late and I agree with PT there are some pieces that are really lovely, mostly the LE item, but ther is just an over abundance... of the same old thing...

I am a bit over LV but need to come in on their defense. The quality is great and the bags age amazingly well. The neverfull is a product I don't think of as representative of LV. It is on the cheaper end of their goods.

I do live in gucci (mainly for clothes) but at the end of the day LV doesn't go on sale... just saying.

I am a bit over LV but need to come in on their defense. The quality is great and the bags age amazingly well. The neverfull is a product I don't think of as representative of LV. It is on the cheaper end of their goods.

I do live in gucci (mainly for clothes) but at the end of the day LV doesn't go on sale... just saying.

I feel that at the end of the day, craftsmanship and quality have nothing to do with if a bag goes on sale or not. Even Chanel has sale yet it's still rank higher and are more exclusive than LV.
All of my gucci leather bags were purchased on sale yet I have no quality issues compare to some LV pieces. LV do make some beautiful pieces but it's the same old same old so it makes sense they don't have sale.

Would you say the speedy rank higher than the neverfull?

I feel that at the end of the day, craftsmanship and quality have nothing to do with if a bag goes on sale or not. Even Chanel has sale yet it's still rank higher and are more exclusive than LV.
All of my gucci leather bags were purchased on sale yet I have no quality issues compare to some LV pieces. LV do make some beautiful pieces but it's the same old same old so it makes sense they don't have sale.

You're right that price is not necessarily equivalent to craftsmanship. (I didn't mean to allude otherwise). In that sense I find the quality of Chanel bags as of late to be much lower than the price tags. The bags lose shape and may get color transfer quickly. I have a nice collection of all these brands and aside from babying most of my Chanel and 1 Hermes I treat my bags like workhorses. LV has by far done the best job at keeping up with my beat downs. I have never had a problem with LV that a few baby wipes & a wet cloth couldn't fix.

Gucci is great when it comes to resuscitating bags. I've had color transfer happen as well as piping damage, which was fixed for just $100 for a $3,000 bag. I was amazed (as I have had not so good service from balenciaga).

shopingisfun, I would say the speedy is definitely better than the neverfull. I actually have a neverfull but it is one of those things I picked up just because... I thought maybe I could use it for school but I really don't trust those thin straps.

IMO, the speedy is an iconic piece and a good staple for any wardrobe. I have one and am happy with my purchase but I have only used it once briefly. I have friends who often use their speedy's and make them look great and the bags seem to hold up just as well as other LVs. At first this bag may seem flimsy since it folds down so small but I think that it is an undercover warrior. :graucho:

Last edited: