Any tips on identifying authentic vintage Gucci?

1. I really want a vintage Gucci clutch or Boston. Anyone has tips on identifying the authentic ones?

2. Hi! I love vintage Gucci... but sussing out if they're authentic is tricky. I always research the particular style bag on the internet - even look at handbag books to see specific styles that were made during different decades by a house. I bought an authentic vintage gucci bowling bag with stirrup handles (that was re-issued a couple of years ago by Gucci). I found it by searching eBay for weeks and figuring out which sellers had a track record for vintage gucci... and eventually I just found my bag. Good luck on the hunt!

xochrissie likes this.
  3. Do you mind if I ask you about you got yours for so I have an idea?

Thanks for the tips! I am researching right now!

4. If you find one you like and post it on seller's watch I might be able to help you. It is hard to say exactly without pics.

There was a thread in seller's watch I think it was and it had a link to an eBay about me page that was great! I will see if I can find it and let you know.

I bought my doctor's bag on eBay too, I looked at tons of auctions to distinguish real from fake. I also had a real one at home too that I bought at the store myself so that helped.

I love vintage gucci!

5. xochrissie likes this.
  6. Thanks for all the great tips. I've been doing some research and have a slight idea of what I should look for. I did find something that I think is authentic. I will post it in seller's watch. Thanks a bunch! :smile:

7. also check out any vintage gucci blog threads for pics!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice