Any tips on how to get second day hair looking decent?

really? my hair is thick and curly, and it's the type of hair that looks best when it's washed like every other day instead of everyday. my hairdresser actually told me to try hard to wash it less. But it's so hard. I meann, by the end of the workday my hair is all frizzy and out of sorts so it's just like a quick fix to wash it. I'm trying to cut down to washing it once a day instead of twice, but it's hard when it looks so bad after like 15 hours. Lol.

Btw, i think they make sprays or something on how to make second day hair look better like you said you want? I remember someone mentioning it once on tpf, but I don't exactly remember who or in what thread.

i find 2nd day hair make the best ponytails. i like the messy look but can't stand it being down if i haven't washed it. i get compliments all the time on my ponytail and it wouldn't work the same with clean hair.

Sometimes for third day hair (I know ... but I'm also one of those "hair looks better 2nd day") I'll wet and braid it the night before. In the morning it's perfectly wavey and I'll usually pull some back and spray with some dry shampoo or SG's spray hair powder in brown (super cheap from the drugstore ... works/smells AMAZING.)

I only wash my hair 1-2 times a week, and these are some things that help:
-only condition the ends
-don't put any products near the roots (except non-silicone hairspray)
-change your part
-don't brush it too much

If all else fails:
-baby powder on the roots.. you just have to use a tiny bit & brush it in really well if you have dark hair
-hair accessories or ponytail

hahaah, it's funny cause i LOVE second day hair, it always looks better after ive slept in it than when i style it off the bat.

but i totally recommed claire's baby powder recommendation if you are concerned about oil and stuff.

If I use Keratase Ciment Thermique after washing my hair, on the 2nd day I can just restyle my hair (dry) with a brush and a hairdryer and it seems to work great! If there's a 3rd day, I'll do the same again but use a little dry shampoo at the roots - makes it 'passable', just!

I only wash my hair 1-2 times a week, and these are some things that help:
-only condition the ends
-don't put any products near the roots (except non-silicone hairspray)
-change your part
-don't brush it too much

If all else fails:
-baby powder on the roots.. you just have to use a tiny bit & brush it in really well if you have dark hair
-hair accessories or ponytail

:tup:

I do the exact same things. My hair is so much nicer and soft now that I've stopped washing it every day. It's also a lot stronger. Not washing it every day also helps my color stay in longer (I have red and honey brown low lights in my blonde hair).

I wash my hair every three days and depending on my current cut and style these are my tricks.
If flat at the scalp is the problem I use redken GUTS spray (blow dry on cool after sraying at the root)
If frizz or unruliness is the problem I use Paul Mitchell foaming Pomade only on the ends-never near the scalp(just a little and it is the most fab stuff I have found in years to to soften, shine and lay down frizz)
Also on second or third day hair I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sebastian #9 for adding a nice smell and a little control without a lot of stickiness or heaviness.
(I have very thick-very straight hair but a LOT of it and I am always in a hair style that emphasizes it-you would never see me in a smart bob or any "small hair" fashion.

My hair is semi-long and straight. The best thing I've found so far is Oscar Blandi's Dry Shampoo powder. Have you tried that one? It's not a holy grail product for me BUT it's the closest thing I've tried.