Any thoughts on the rubber sole ballerina?

1. I'm very new to ferragamo shoes. Any advise on this new rubber sole ballerina? How well they wear? Are they any better than the leather sole ones? Rubber sole should have a better grip I believe. Thanks in advance.

2. :smile:

3. .

image.jpg
  4. I don't own any Ferragamo shoes so I can't say how they compare, but I want these so badly!!

5. Which styles come with rubber soles?

6. Ninna balerrina

7. Also saw the Rufina. I want those.

8. I wanted these Vara ballerina sneaker flats so badly! I finally had a chance to try them on last week, but they're no good for me. 9 is quite snug and 9.5 is too big. I'm so bummed. I was going to wear them every day!! They also come in grey, nude, pink and maybe another color that I'm not remembering - baby blue?

Vara.jpg
    dotty8 likes this.
  9. I bought a beige with black ribbon Ninna, they are so flexible with the rubber soles. I think they are more comfy than the Vara but I guess the Vara lasts longer.

10. These are the ones I saw as well. So comfy!

11. I love the look of the ballerina sneakers too! Anyone knows how much they cost in euro?

12. #12 Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Smurfgarden: the price is around 375 euros, unless you score them on sale.

I have 12 pairs of Ferragamo shoes, two of them with rubber soles, one with a leather/rubber mix. The leather soles are so much more beautiful and luxurious (especially when you just get them, they are so shiny and gorgeous!), but they are also extremely, extremely fragile. I feel like I have to baby them a lot when I wear them. Mind you, I don't walk a lot in any of my shoes, I'm 99% of the time on flat, hard-wood type surfaces, and yet the leather soles get damaged so easily, it's super annoying. If you ever walk on a tiny, insignificantly microscopic rock, you won't feel it but it will leave a dent on your sole, that's how fragile they are.

Rubber soles are less expensive looking (and the worst thing is that they are not always cheaper than the leather ones, at least in France!) but let's get real: no one will look at your soles unless you're wearing Louboutins, the rubber will last longer, and the traction is better.

13. Thank you Selmita!

14. I totally agree. I think the leather sole looks much nicer, but the second you walk outside it looks like you have walked a hundred miles in them by how beat up they are. I prefer to buy the leather sole versions and then get a rubber zip sole over the part that touches the ground.

15. I love the idea of it and tried it on many trips to the boutique. I never pulled the trigger because I didn't like how they looked on me. I felt like Humpty Dumpty with small feet. (Odd I know). I don't know if they are comfy, sorry.

Maybe if they go on sale I will change my mind and try.