Any thoughts on Sienna?? Pics please!

I wish I knew, toosh. I really like it too........it has a great vintage look to it. And I think it will age exceptionally well. :heart:

I know! That's why I'm drawn to this color.....I :heart: vintage, antique brown:love: But really, one more brown bag? Oh, I don't know.....I'm tempted:P

I saw the pics RERE posted, and while it's gorgeous, it looks nothing like the bag on cate22's pic from BalNY. Actually, her Sienna looked more like my Truffle in the pics....maybe it's the lighting??:confused1:

I haven't, Tooshies. Wish I had!!

I almost never get out to places where they actually stock bbags.

My work is done online so I most of my waking hours *virtually shopping*, LOL.

Well I don't have photos to post just yet, but I just rec'd a sienna day bag yesterday! And - I have to let you know that thru my eyes, the color of the bag that I have sitting here and the photo posted by cate22 are exactly the same. It is a very rusty brown, rich with color. Having seen Sienna in real life - I don't think it is anything like truffle and for that matter, I too had a 04 marron twiggy and an 07 cafe day. This bag is neither of those colors. The marron that I had, had definite "wine" undertones to it, and the cafe was very very dark brown. The sienna to me is very rusty colored, and a very warm color. I have been trying to think of something we can all relate with to compare it to, but so far no luck :confused1: but I can tell you this, I love browns, and when I first opened the box my initial reaction was that it was "rust" and not brown. I thought it might be a little cognac in color, but I would venture to say that is it even more rusty than that. One last point that I hope will help, I rec'd a photo from balny of this color and that is why I got it, but I have to tell you that the representation of color in cate22's photo is far more accurate than the one balny sent to me. Hope this all helps! I am kind of on the fence about this one yet myself! It could be one of those colors that once broken in becomes something I absolutely adore, but on the other hand it is so different from everything I've had that I feel a little unsure about it.

I haven't seen it IRL, but I saw a friend's picture, which was a comparison of Cinnamon and Sienna. It was a pronounced contrast. The Sienna definitely looked like kate's pic, very much a rust color. It was even more pronounced in a pic taken with a flash. It makes me think of the southwest -- boots and saddles and stuff. I'm inching closer . . . .

Thanks, ilovetoshop and rollergirl for your input!

ilovetoshop: OMG, you helped me so much!!!!!!! I was hoping that this color is exactly like cate22's pic! I LOVE cognac brown/rusty brown so this is good new for me:yahoo: Is the leather on your Day shiny? How's the leather?

rollergirl: Thanks! It's good to hear that two people who've seen the color IRL confirm that cate22's pic is an accurate presentation of the color:tup:
Southwest, cowboy boots, saddles....definitely my kinda color! :supacool:

Why did you decide against it?? I'm just curious..... Cinnamon is gorgeous, but it's too similar to my 07 Cafe:P
People seem to love this color, but haven't heard much about Sienna....

A little late, but the '07 cafe was a tad to dark for me and I have been wanting a chocolate brown - the cinnamon fit the bill perfectly. Also, some people have been comparing the sienna color to Chloe's Whisky color. I have a Paddington in Whiskey, and although I don't think the colors are very close, they both are in the "rust" family and I have trouble matching the Whiskey to anything in my wardrobe (although I :heart: the color!). If Sienna matches your wardrobe and you already have cafe, then I would definitely get the Sienna! I am addicted to browns and think that one should own every possible shade:yes:.

Is the leather on your Day shiny? How's the leather?

Well its definitely not as shiny as the cafe day that I had from this spring. It is really really scrumptious leather, very thick and has a nice feeling to it. Like I said the leather is very rich with color and I think that almost gives it the impression of being 'flat' and yet it isn't flat looking. There is some sheen to it, but it is not glossy. KWIM? And, to be honest, the back of the bag might be a bit shinier leather than the front, so it will probably depend on the exact bag that you get. Hope this helps.

iluvhandbags: Chloe's Whisky color is my favorite shade of brown(I love cognac browns:heart:), and that's why cate22's pic is tempting me to get it:P

ilove2shop: Thanks, girlie:heart: Erica's Day seems really shiny, but it's good to hear that it's less shiny than SS07 bags....I think mat texture would better suit the vintage aesthetic of the color;)
Have you decided whether you're keeping your Day or not??:graucho:

ilove2shop: Thanks, girlie:heart: Erica's Day seems really shiny, but it's good to hear that it's less shiny than SS07 bags....I think mat texture would better suit the vintage aesthetic of the color;)
Have you decided whether you're keeping your Day or not??:graucho:

To be honest - I don't know yet. It would probably not even be an issue for me except for this one thing.... I have a Prada Washed Frame Satchel (it's really beautiful), but the kicker is - this Prada and the Sienna Day are almost identical in color. I guess I really love this color, but do I really want two bags that are almost identical in color? I have to give it a little thought. I absolutely love everything about brown, but I am kind of torn on this sienna. I am wondering if I should have gotten the olive brown? I don't actually know what to do....Feel free to give me some input! :smile:

I'm a little late on this!

Sienna is so not like Truffle. I can understand your worry, but really, it isn't. Truffle is brown, while this color is wine, brown and dark orange...

tooshies- here is what I'm willing to do for you... Bbags aren't cheap and if you happen to purchase a color you don't like, than it could end up costing! It may sound totally insane, but here it goes:

If you'd like, I'll mail you my mirror from the Tabac/Sienna First, needless to say, as long as you promise to return it! :P

I don't use the mirror (ever) in my Firsts cause I just don't have any room. And I'd be more than happy to assist you in your decision to get, or to deny, a Sienna!

I haven't ever heard of this being done on tPF, but it might be the best way (if you aren't around any stores that carry the color) to see it IRL.

We could be pioneering something special. :graucho:

Let me know, girl!

Thanks, sweetie:cutesy: The bag looks GORGEOUS in this pic.....exactly the color I love! But have you seen IRL?? I wonder if this accurately represents the color....:confused1:

Sorry to get back to you so late, tooshies!
No, unfortunately, I haven't seen it IRL yet either. :sad: I am waiting to hear from the other SF girls when the bags will come in at NM, and then I'll try to make a visit. :tup:

^RERE, what a sweet offer! :heart:

sienna_city.jpg

The SIENNA above is much lighter than the actual color. It's a bit browner and a tad darker. It definitely won't be mistaken as Truffle...however, if you already have Truffle and thinking of buying Sienna, I think you can live with one or the other.

RERE...you are too cute!!! :yahoo:

I totally love the Prada washed leather framed satchel!! One of my all timea favotires.

But I think the styles and feel of the bags are sooo different that you could own both in the same color and never had them bump heads (so to speak).

:heart:

To be honest - I don't know yet. It would probably not even be an issue for me except for this one thing.... I have a Prada Washed Frame Satchel (it's really beautiful), but the kicker is - this Prada and the Sienna Day are almost identical in color. I guess I really love this color, but do I really want two bags that are almost identical in color? I have to give it a little thought. I absolutely love everything about brown, but I am kind of torn on this sienna. I am wondering if I should have gotten the olive brown? I don't actually know what to do....Feel free to give me some input! :smile: