Travel Any thoughts on Mexicana Airlines?

awong10

O.G.
Nov 30, 2006
New York City
Hi - I'm planning my trip to Cancun and wanted to get anyone's thoughts/experiences on Mexicana airlines. I'm flying economy and they seem to be the cheapest for my preferred departure time and flight duration.

Thanks!!

lilian

Jan 3, 2006
My dad flies with them when he goes to Mexico for work and he seems pretty happy. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Is there anything specific you're wondering about?

GucciEyed

Jun 8, 2008
I used to fly with Mexicana Airlines quite a bit (haven't for about 4 or 5 years though because we've gone elsewhere for vacation) and I was always happy with the experience. I know that the last time I flew with them I felt happier than I did flying with any of the U.S. domestic carriers I've flown with recently.:yes: I thought that the flight attendants were very friendly and helpful. The only downside to flying with any of the Mexican airlines is that they haven't replaced and/or refurbished all of their planes since smoking was banned on airline travel many years ago, so the planes tend to smell of stale smoke a bit. But, I remember people smoking next to me on those planes back in the day, so anything is an improvement! Again, the last time I flew with them was several years ago, so it's possible that they've fixed that particular issue. I wouldn't hesitate to fly with them again. Hope that helps.:tup: