any success with getting return shipping back?

tatianna904

Jan 12, 2007
I purchased a lot of two Victoria Pink sweats that were listed as in "perfect" condition. When I got them they were clearly very faded from washing several times, there were bleach stains on both, and the drawstrings were frayed and in tight knots so the waist could not be adjusted. Had these things been listed I would have never bid. I emailed the seller and told her specifically that I was upset with the damage to the pants and I wanted my money back. Even though her auction says she doesn't accept returns she agreed to take them back because she knew the items were not as described. I also stated in the same message that I would like to have my bid price refunded as well as my shipping both ways to which she replied that she would refund if I sent them back.

After agreeing to my requests for my return shipping which I don't think is unreasonable considering she lied about the condition of the pants, I returned them and she now says return shipping is not refundable and she denies ever telling me she would give back return shipping when I have the email saved in my eBay messages. It cost me more than half of what I paid for the pants to send them back to her and I would have donated them to Goodwill or gave them away instead of sending them back had I known she was not going to pay return shipping because I'm losing money for her mistake. She sent me a request to cancel the transaction and I refused so she can't get her final value fees back. She has already stated that she is a powerseller and she doesn't care about getting a negative.

Can she just tell me she is going to pay return shipping upon the items arrival and then when she gets the package back say that she never said that and I just be out of my money?

Report her to EBAY and file a dispute/complaint w/ EBAY.
AND call PP and tell them about her AGREEING to a refund and now not honoring her agreement. CALL PP on the phone and explain to them what has transpired w/ this seller... your item was SNAD, seller agreed to refund cost + shipping and now upon return is re-negging.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I called Paypal and they said they feel bad for me but there is nothing that can be done on their end because I didn't use Paypal to pay for return shipping and their policy which sucks, is that buyer's pay return shipping even if the item was misrepresented. I contacted eBay explaining the situation and offered to send them her emails where she said she would pay return shipping and then denied saying it but I haven't gotten a response yet and it says they can take 24-48 hours. This sucks.

Thanks for the response. I called Paypal and they said they feel bad for me but there is nothing that can be done on their end because I didn't use Paypal to pay for return shipping and their policy which sucks, is that buyer's pay return shipping even if the item was misrepresented. I contacted eBay explaining the situation and offered to send them her emails where she said she would pay return shipping and then denied saying it but I haven't gotten a response yet and it says they can take 24-48 hours. This sucks.

SO.. basically.. if you had used PP for return shipping, this would have made some huge difference w/ PP???????????? I'm not sure how you would do that.
I think if the seller had responded via a PP dispute that she would refund shipping, then she would have been obligated. Which sadly is ONE reason buyers should just file a dispute and NVM even trying to negotiate directly w/ a seller. Because some seller's WILL NOT honor their agreements.
Sorry OP.. you are stuck w/ return shipping, which is the case in most returns.
DO continue to refuse to cancel the transaction and DO leave NEG feedback AFTER you get your refund.

Well tell her she may not care about getting a neg, but tell her you belong to a forum where they have XXX amount of members and you have told everyone on it your bad buying experience with her and you have told everyone her seller ID and now they wont buy from her.

maybe that will bother her. BTW what is her seller id so i dont buy from that seller

It is not very ethical of a seller to promise one thing and then do another. You can say that in your FB. From what I understand, if you had filed and won a SNAD, you would be refunded your purchase price plus shipping. I understand that sometimes return shipping is included in the refund and sometimes not.