Any Steven Lagos fans???

View attachment 4292823 The first bracelet (left to right) is Lagos I believe it’s a “caviar” style. I purchased mine at TJ maxx for under 200.00. I really love it, it’s so different.
Me too! I have 2 caviar bracelets, didn't need 2 but the price was too good to pass up, and I get lots of compliments too. There's a woman at my nail salon who has a gold caviar bracelet--very nice, but too pricey for this gal. :smile: The jewelry dept is my first stop at my TJ Maxx.

Reactions: Tomsmom
just discovering this brand. Would love to see what piece she people have!
I haven’t bought any Lagos Jawerly yet, but I’ve been lusting after these hoops! The thing that holds me back is that they look really heavy. Has anyone tried them on?

Attachments

• 1009B733-34F9-439C-8B4B-4B295CACC719.jpeg
    1009B733-34F9-439C-8B4B-4B295CACC719.jpeg
    12.7 KB · Views: 185
I haven’t bought any Lagos Jawerly yet, but I’ve been lusting after these hoops! The thing that holds me back is that they look really heavy. Has anyone tried them on?
I have them. They are light. I have found Lagos at Saks Off Fifth, Neiman Marcus Last Call, Nordstrom Rack and TJ Maxx.

Attachments

• F7CF7D16-564D-4908-92F4-D68EBF272A7C.jpeg
    F7CF7D16-564D-4908-92F4-D68EBF272A7C.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Reactions: kemilia and Tomsmom
What matters is that YOU like them, not strangers on the internet. Buy what you love, for you, and not for the opinions of others. It’s really no way to live.
Sorry for being harsh, but it is what it is.

• Haha
  • Thanks
Reactions: TC1 and sophiegray
What matters is that YOU like them, not strangers on the internet. Buy what you love, for you, and not for the opinions of others. It’s really no way to live.
Sorry for being harsh, but it is what it is.
Thanks for being harsh. You don’t have to reply if you do not like my question. Who gives you the right to be harsh?

Last edited:
Thanks for being harsh. You don’t have to reply if you do not like my question. Who gives you the right to be harsh?
Well, since you asked....
You started a thread with a poll, asking if you should or shouldn’t buy a Lagos piece. “To buy or not to buy” - that was your question. Just over six months ago you started a thread in Money Talks whereby you yourself stated (in so many words] that you have a shopping addiction. You were hoping to use that thread as support for yourself and others trying to curb their shopping addictions and begin a journey of “low buy”. You also promised yourself not to buy any jewellery for the next three years. Since you started that thread, instead of embarking on a journey of low buy, it’s seems it has been more like buy buy buy buy buy. You have also written that (at least for purses) you have a rule of never buying without seeing in person. IMO, jewellery shouldn’t be exempt from this line of thinking.
Now I understand that “low buy” doesn’t mean “no buy”, and in no way am I familiar with your personal finances, but I personally cannot and will not encourage people to buy stuff they a) didn’t even know they wanted until someone else had it, b) give advice on buying anything when I know nothing about that person. I suppose I could ignore such threads asking for advice, or perhaps my time at TPF has run its course, but I will tell you one thing: only you know what is right for you. Purses, shoes, jewellery, makeup, whatever. Do not ever feel the need to keep up with strangers on the internet or aspire to live a fake life like on Instagram, YouTube and tiktok. The only opinion that matters is yours. You should know by this point in your life what looks good on you. What size bag is most versatile. What style of dress is most flattering etc. Buy or don’t buy for you and you only.
I really can’t stress it enough.
But by all mean, you do you.

• Love
Reactions: TC1
You started a thread with a poll, asking if you should or shouldn’t buy a Lagos piece. “To buy or not to buy” - that was your question. Just over six months ago you started a thread in Money Talks whereby you yourself stated (in so many words] that you have a shopping addiction. You were hoping to use that thread as support for yourself and others trying to curb their shopping addictions and begin a journey of “low buy”. You also promised yourself not to buy any jewellery for the next three years. Since you started that thread, instead of embarking on a journey of low buy, it’s seems it has been more like buy buy buy buy buy. You have also written that (at least for purses) you have a rule of never buying without seeing in person. IMO, jewellery shouldn’t be exempt from this line of thinking.
Now I understand that “low buy” doesn’t mean “no buy”, and in no way am I familiar with your personal finances, but I personally cannot and will not encourage people to buy stuff they a) didn’t even know they wanted until someone else had it, b) give advice on buying anything when I know nothing about that person. I suppose I could ignore such threads asking for advice, or perhaps my time at TPF has run its course, but I will tell you one thing: only you know what is right for you. Purses, shoes, jewellery, makeup, whatever. Do not ever feel the need to keep up with strangers on the internet or aspire to live a fake life like on Instagram, YouTube and tiktok. The only opinion that matters is yours. You should know by this point in your life what looks good on you. What size bag is most versatile. What style of dress is most flattering etc. Buy or don’t buy for you and you only.
So that gives you the right to be mean and harsh? I asked an innocent question and you judged me for not knowing at all.

Last edited:
And by the way, who are you to assume that asking something is nice or not is aspiring to live a fake life? I have made some mistakes on my past purchases, a dress that looks good on store, only to find it not nice when I get home, and thought, what was I thinking? I’m sure others have experienced this as well. That’s why I ask people if an item is nice or not.

You said that you could ignore such threads asking for advice, or perhaps your time at TPF has run its course, that’s your business. So IF you’ve been at TPF so long that you are already unhappy, don’t throw your angst on me.

Does that give you the right to be mean, harsh, and judgmental?

Last edited: