Any stay at home moms that work out in the AM?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I drop my little boy off at school every morning and then head to the gym. I wonder how many other moms do the same? What do you do at the gym and what do you do afterwards? I use to run on the treadmill but I have recently started riding the bike. I only ride for 30 min then I come home and do squats, lunges, and some little arm weights. Then I just clean or catch up on my favorite shows before I go get Bryson from school. What's your routine like? :smile:

2. Hi, I get up at 6:30 am :Push: . Do a 30 min work out DVD, shower then get the girls up and ready for school. If I don't do it 1st thing, I know I won't do it at all. When it is still dark in the mornings, I find it soooo hard to get up. :tdown:

3. ^^ I get up at about 545 run for 1 hr on my eliptical then do 20 minutes of pilates and 10 minutes of light weights to tone my arms. Then I have a hot cup of green tea and shower. Wake up the whole fam at 730 and everyone is scrambling to eat and run! But if I dont work out in the morning I won't work out at all. Plus it gives me energy for the rest of the day.

4. I'm my families alarm clock! I get up at 6 AM, wake up hubby and the kids, pack lunches, and work out when my youngest gets on the bus. I usually do 30 or 45 min. of cardio, and then lift weights to tone my upper body and then it's down to the floor for ab work (which I hate!) I do this 3X a week and on alternate days, I still do the cardio but work on my lower body......squats, lunges, leg lifts, etc. On Saturday, I get on the treadmill for 1 hr and Sunday is my rest day! *whew*

5. I work out at 8:00 at night because everyboy is in bed and I can't get up so early because the kids are up by 5:45 am.

6. My two girls usually wake up around 6, 6:30. There's no way I would be able to work out before they got up. I am a morning person but not that early of one :P I usually take some sort of exercise class at 9:30. I have been taking classes at The Bar Method these past couple of months. When I go to the gym, I will take a class or just go on the treadmill. If I don't get there by around 9:30, my motivation basically disappears. :shrugs:

For ex, on Friday, my youngest had a school performance at 9 am. It was done by 10. I had planned on going to the gym afterwards (I even had my workout clothes on) but I just didn't feel like it.

After exercising, I will run all my errands, grocery shop, clean, laundry, work on any assignments (I am also a freelance writer), etc...

At my gym, the 9:30 classes are always packed with moms who want to work out after dropping their kids off and then want the rest of the morning/day to do whatever they need to do.

7. I drop my dd off at Kindergarten at 9, and then take my 2 year old with me to the gym daycare, he gets to play with kids and I get to workout and have sanity time.

8. #8 Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
    M: Step aerobics 65 minutes, Elliptical 30 minutes, yoga 60 minutes.
    T: Weight/Resistant training 80 minutes, elliptical 30 minutes, yoga 75 minutes
    W: Step aerobic 65 minutes, elliptical 30 minutes, pilates 1 hr.
    T: Weight/aerobics 90 minutes, hot yoga or pilates for 1 hr, massage!!
    F: Aerobics 65 minutes, elliptical 30 minutes and yoga 1.5 hrs.
    Rest on the weekends.

9. Do you do every single exercise in that day or do you pick, ex, on Tues you wrote: Weight/Resistant training 80 minutes, elliptical 30 minutes, yoga 75 minutes. Do you work out for 3 + hours or do you do one of those activities?

10. ^ I do every one of those exercise in a single day. I like to eat too much, LOL. On a bad day, if I can't do anything else, I still have to have yoga. It does wonders for my body.

11. Wow! That seems a bit excessive but I would certainly love a massage every Thursday :yes:

12. It does seem like a lot, I was thinking the same as I was typing. :P
    Maybe I should skip Thursday and just get a 3 hour massage, that would be lovely.:cloud9::cloud9:

13. 3 hours a day of exercise IS a lot, at least to me. Are you also able to juggle everything else, ie, grocery shopping, etc...? You must have an amazing body! And yes, I agree, a 3 hour massage..... :drool:

14. ^^ J, I was going to ask the same thing. Goodness, an hour to an hour and a half max, is enough for me......I can't imagine working out longer than that! God Bless Ya!:tup:

15. I do most of my grocery shopping, laundry over the weekend. From 8:30am to 1pm during the weekdays is my time. My schedule is pretty hectic for the rest of the day with my 3 young boys. Exercise is my outlet, where I can find peace.