Books & Music Any Romance book readers here on tPF

Finished Whitney My Love by Judith McNaught. It was ok not my favorite regency romance though. The lack of communication by the couple was annoying and the hero was stubborn as all hell. Loved Whitney though she was a great heroine.

Wow, I can't believe I just found this book forum, and this thread. I guess I overlooked it because it's combined with music, LOL.

I love reading and in the past several years I have been reading a lot of romance novels. I love the historical themes the best, but any romance is worth a try as long as it's not weird (vampires) or down right smut, LOL.

Anyway, my favorite authors are repeats of those noted previously, but here they are again.

Christine Dodd
Jo Beverly
Suzanne Enoch
Virginia Henley
Sabrina Jeffries
Johanna Lindsey
Judith McNaugth
Nicole Jordan
Lisa Kleypas
Stephanie Laurens

The last three are my favorites. But when I go to buy books on Amazon, I'll pick up any from the 2 dozen or so authors that I've read and liked in the past.

Amazon is my usual place of purchase for new books, but I've also bought "lots" of used romance books from ebay, and I love getting a big box of romance books, some by authors I know, but others are by authors I've never read before. The books usually run like a dollar each (or less) when buying in lots, so it's an inexpensive way to try new authors or titles.

RE: the cover art. It irritates me when the artwork has nothing to do with the book or characters. I keep looking at it and trying to tie in the cover to the book. I guess the artists don't read the books before hand, but someone should be giving them an idea to go by, LOL..

I have all McNaught books. I've pre-ordered her supposedly next book (after Every Breath You Take) on Amazon since, errr, 3-4 years ago? I don't know if it'll ever get published. :sad: Oh well, I'll just read all the other ones over and over again. My favorites would have to be Something Wonderful, A Kingdom of Dreams, and Once and Always for her historical romances. I didn't really enjoy Whitney, My Love as much as I thought I would from all the raving reviews it got. After their first trust issue, I couldn't believe Clayton would doubt her again. But he did! :nono:

Welcome to the club Katie!

Before I moved to where I live (and the library has an AWESOME collection of romance novels) I would buy at Walmart (cheapest rate going) and I would go to a book exchange back home.

Anyone else very particular about their books? I am very particular about how I take care of my books. I still like them to look new. No broken spines, NO dog ears, and no crinkly pages from water stains/damp. I think that this why I am VERY particular about who I loan my books out to. That's what I loved about my exchange I used to go to. She was very particular about the condition of the books. If was torn, major broken spines, water stains, she would NOT take them. I think

Wow, I can't believe I just found this book forum, and this thread. I guess I overlooked it because it's combined with music, LOL.

I love reading and in the past several years I have been reading a lot of romance novels. I love the historical themes the best, but any romance is worth a try as long as it's not weird (vampires) or down right smut, LOL.

Anyway, my favorite authors are repeats of those noted previously, but here they are again.

Christine Dodd
Jo Beverly
Suzanne Enoch
Virginia Henley
Sabrina Jeffries
Johanna Lindsey
Judith McNaugth
Nicole Jordan
Lisa Kleypas
Stephanie Laurens

The last three are my favorites. But when I go to buy books on Amazon, I'll pick up any from the 2 dozen or so authors that I've read and liked in the past.

Amazon is my usual place of purchase for new books, but I've also bought "lots" of used romance books from ebay, and I love getting a big box of romance books, some by authors I know, but others are by authors I've never read before. The books usually run like a dollar each (or less) when buying in lots, so it's an inexpensive way to try new authors or titles.

RE: the cover art. It irritates me when the artwork has nothing to do with the book or characters. I keep looking at it and trying to tie in the cover to the book. I guess the artists don't read the books before hand, but someone should be giving them an idea to go by, LOL..

So, um, I have been on a highlander series bend and I need more recs...I am reading the outlander series and Moning's highlander series.

Btw, ladybug, I like to keep my books in good condition but I also like them to look like they have been read and loved. So they have the creased spine and look slightly expanded but definitely not bending pages/cover or stains.

I love Dannielle Steel's romantic novels..it seems i'm the only one here loving this author...

You're not the only one. I used to have a large collection but several moves have eliminated them. I love her early novels.

I go through historical reading binges, then stick to contemporaries for awhile.

In her later years my mother enjoyed historical romances and I shared most of my old ones with her. Her favorite author was Mary Jo Putney. I love Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas, Mary Balogh, the earlier Stephanie Laurens, early Linda Lael Miller. Just bought the new Suzanne Enoch and can't wait to start reading.

Recently I read a romance novel set in Ancient China, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it (considering it was a Harlequin, and I usually hate Harlequin romance novels!). It's called "The Dragon and the Pearl" by Jeannie Lin

What I found interesting (and clever!) was that the leading male in this novel was the villain of a previous novel ("Butterfly Sword"). I read the other one first, and when I first read the summary for this novel, I thought there was no way that she'd be able to make someone so...villainous into a leading man of his own romance novel, but she did it (and I think I like this one even better than "Butterfly Sword"!).

Romance novel? Boy meets girl (or vice versa), instant lust (oops I mean, love), great bed scenes and there's a happy ever after.

Just like LindaP i read romance novels for decades but now i've kinda moved on to other themes.