Any remedy for acne scars???

Lv-nowwhat...........If that's the price they quoted you, it's much cheaper than what I paid. The going rate per Fraxel treatment is about $1,000 ...that's just for the regular Fraxel. The more invasive, but more effective treatment- Fraxel Repair costs more money.....maybe $1,200 to $1,500. Maybe you should make sure the Dr. knows exactly which treatment you want, and I would always get a second opinion. Keep me posted!

:tup::tup::tup:

Have you tried the Vi Peel? Its about $250 a peel and works wonders. I'm also using a regimen of Retin-a Micro at night, Kojilac cream w/ vitamin C during the day with Neutrogena spf 85 sunblock. Also use the Clarisonic face brush at night to clear any bacteria from my skin before sleep to prevent new breakouts. So far this is the best dermatological combo my doctor has prescribed. Skin is looking more even and scar and dark spots are fading... it's only been a week and will keep ya'll posted.

^^Generally not.

I was on Retin-A and chemical peels for awhile and it definitely helped, but I want a more drastic improvement. I need to save up some cash to buy a whole set of laser treatments at once. (If I buy one at a time, I end up up flaking on the remaining treatments.)

Is Fraxel the best laser option for scars that won't budge?

I'm reviving this thread because I recently got a Pixel treatment.

Pixel is sort of like Fraxel as it is an invasive laser treatment. More info http://www.pixelperfect.com/

I am super happy I went to the clinic and they prescribed Pixel. All the clinics and derms I've been to before kept saying IPL but I've had IPL and it doesn't work for PITTED SCARS. I'm sure like all those topical medicines it helps for redness but pitted scars from acne don't fade on their own (I know, I've had the same ones since I was 13).

I recently saw a derm who tried to convince me to try IPL again because it regenerates collagen, but as my Pixel laser tech said, I'm 20 so collagen regen isn't an issue at my age. The derm wanted to charge me $3000 for these IPL treatments, that's probably why.

Anyways, back to the pixel! I had the procedure done on my nose because that's where all the scars are and it cost me $200. My laser tech told me no washing the area with anything but water for about 3 days and gave me a topical healing agent to apply twice a day. Also, I have to avoid direct sunlight for 7-10 days. She warned me that not following these instructions could result in hyper-pigmentation in the area.

The treatment itself is not painful (much less so than IPL) as a numbing agent is applied first. Make sure the tech gives you goggles too.

I was warned that after would feel and look like a sunburn and there would be a grid pattern on the skin from the laser. Flaking will happen within a few days. It's been about 24 hours since my treatment and so far the area is red and dry like a sunburn but there's no pain.

I will update within the next 7-10 days with results and probably after my 2nd treatment in two months.

I know that either laser...or dermabrasion treaments will help alot...and exfoliating regularly will help too in the long run....

No creams or potions will get rid of pitted scars...its too deep...but vitamin C serums can help with pigmentation and overall tighting and look....

I have a few scars and am considering the faxel too.... :sad: