Any remedy for acne scars???

Hi there,

Wow I see all these girls recommending pills and medication and things....I dont know about you but I have NEVER used any of these things but ALL my scars are gone just with using Oil of Olay Definity Foaming Mosturizer (they have one with UV protection too for the outdoors). I mean literally all scars have VANISHED with consitant usage (every night before be). I'm south asian so when i do pick and get scars they end up being either dark brown or so dark almost black....I had one near one side of my nose..I just kept using this everyday and in about 3 weeks i noticed it getting lighter but then by 2 months it was GONE.......you would never know I had anything there ever

I'm using Sothys Double lightening serum dark spot corrector. If I use it consistently, it works on surface level dark marks-type scars, but not deeper tissue scarring. The daytime side lightens the spot and the nighttime side gives a peeling effect. I got it from my esthetician.

Hi there,

Wow I see all these girls recommending pills and medication and things....I dont know about you but I have NEVER used any of these things but ALL my scars are gone just with using Oil of Olay Definity Foaming Mosturizer (they have one with UV protection too for the outdoors). I mean literally all scars have VANISHED with consitant usage (every night before be). I'm south asian so when i do pick and get scars they end up being either dark brown or so dark almost black....I had one near one side of my nose..I just kept using this everyday and in about 3 weeks i noticed it getting lighter but then by 2 months it was GONE.......you would never know I had anything there ever

It depends on how deep the scarring is. Hyperpigmented superficial scars will fade with time. Deeper pitted scars do not go away. Lasers, dermabrasion or chemical peels are the only way to get rid of the deeper scarring. I have both types of scarring. Obagi Nu-derm has helped minimize the hyperpigmentation but there are still areas that aren't as smoothe as I would like. I have actually considered the Obagi Blue Peel which doesn't penetrate as much as laser and has a shorter recovery time.
Definitely a good skin care routine is a must though!

I know a girl who swears by Bio Oil. I'm not sure if it's available where you are - I'm in Australia. She told me it heals scars up beautifully after a few weeks... it's available here at chemists (drug stores?) and supemarkets and is mainly used for surgical scars (stiches, cesaereans etc) or bad burns.

Ooh Im going to try that!...CVS just started carrying it I think

I recommend Dermalogica's Microfolant for dark marks. It's part of their skin brightening sysem. Works like a charm with regular use. The older ones have taken longer to fade but newer ones are no match. Love it.
I get dark marks whether I pick or not. Knock wood I don't have any deep scarring.

^^Generally not.

I was on Retin-A and chemical peels for awhile and it definitely helped, but I want a more drastic improvement. I need to save up some cash to buy a whole set of laser treatments at once. (If I buy one at a time, I end up up flaking on the remaining treatments.)

Is Fraxel the best laser option for scars that won't budge?

I used to use bio-oil as a moisturiser. I started using it after my esthetician told me that it fades acne scars, and that it worked for her sister. It didn't fade any of scars/pigmentation, although it was an adequate moisturiser - it didn't break me out.

Also, bio-oil didn't prevent my stretchmarks, although I applied it twice a day while pregnant.

Just an FYI....I guess it works for some people, but definately didn't work for me :sad:

I know a girl who swears by Bio Oil. I'm not sure if it's available where you are - I'm in Australia. She told me it heals scars up beautifully after a few weeks... it's available here at chemists (drug stores?) and supemarkets and is mainly used for surgical scars (stiches, cesaereans etc) or bad burns.

I have a few scars that are described as ice pick scars. I don't think OTC stuff would work on it. If anyone has these and have used OTC stuff with results, what did you guys use?

Fraxel Repair is the most effective treatment for acne scars. But, it is a little more invasive than regular Fraxel. The downtime is about 2 weeks. You get little scabs all over your face that look like tic tac toe grids. If you can handle looking in the mirror like that for two weeks, I hear the results are amazing!!! I just get regular Fraxel treatments to keep my skin young looking. The downtime on regular Fraxel is minimum....I can handle that!
:tup::tup::tup: