Any recommendations for lightweight bags?

bluegreys

Apr 15, 2013
Dear all PB-ers

I have a problem with all my lovely bags. My hands and shoulders have decided that I am to suffer from tendonitis for a prolonged period of time. And since I can't carry any heavy items on my shoulders, I wonder if any of you could tell me what the lightest bags, in weight, you know/own/have tried/etc.

I love all my bags, but I want to be sure in the future that I know different bags that are really lightweight, as to hopefully avoid the problem in the future.

Regards,
bluegreys :smile:

I have a Longchamp Le Pliage bag that is very lightweight and comfortable, it's made of nylon. I would check those out :smile: they have lots of different sizes and you can choose long or short handles.

Kipling and Longchamp Le Pliage, Planetes & Neo are all great lightweight and durable nylon bags. For leather, I suggest Le Pliage Cuir or Ralph Lauren saffiano totes.

Mind you, my favorite brand ever, Lumi, has started making bags with a new, super lightweight and durable leather - they do 2 styles in the black RAW+ sheepskin; a tote and Supermarket XXL.

Last edited:
For fabric: MZ Wallace and Longchamp. And yes, LV coated canvas too.

For leather: Balenciaga and any brand that carries Box leather. I don't have any BV, but I've heard they are light too.

For nylon, Longchamp Planetes is durable and lightweight. Prada nylon is practically indestructible, but it's quite pricey for nylon (it should last you a very, very long time though).

For leather, Balenciaga is very lightweight. For coated canvas, I can recommend LV or Ralph Lauren. RL has some coated canvas bags under the Lauren line which have a very reasonable price tag.

I adore my LC Le Pliage... didn't get it until I got one. It is hard to go back to my leather bags... LC Le Pliage Cuirs are also ridiculously light and come in a variety of colors. Also easy to store.