Any programmers here?

I used to program heavily in school during my undergrad, nowadays not as much. I found out that I had a sickening compassion for assembly which really freaked me out. Guess it was the fact that I was writing so close to the machine that made it appealing to me.

Vlad...
you are such a dork!!!
j/k

As for me... I code in C, C++ and Java. Its a love -hate relationship between me and these languages.... Hard to describe.....

Btw, Vlad, I used to do assembly in college.... Not the most memorable time of my life... but hey... it helped me pass my class....

I worked as a web developer for Sprint for awhile, doing asp, java and unix type stuff. Pretty geeky if I do say so. Nice to see that there are other fellow bag loving geeks in the world. :biggrin:

Is there anyone around who writes computer programs as part of their work? If so what kind of programming language do you use, and for what purpose? And do you use any other software in conjunction with the code you write?

I'm doing mainly modelling and numerical methods so I use C++ , G++ or Visual C++ which are widely used in Physics/Math. Some of us still use Fortran, believe it or not!
Yep, at work I code in MATLAB and C. I work in control engineering, automotive mostly. I have worked with Java, Pascal, and assembler before as well.
Never worked with Fortran, altho I am a math major!

I think programming is fun! ... teehee, I'm a geek :shame:

Rewind 6 or so years ago and I was attempting to get a degree in CIS. So my first major class was C++ and I was getting more like a C-- in that class so I decided I was not meant for that degree and went searching for a new field of work!