Any Physical Therapists here??

mrsklem14

O.G.
Oct 30, 2008
I just started college in January and I have been pondering about what I want to be. I am interested in helping people, and I have a lot of patience. I was looking into career after career and Physical Therapist just stuck. I'm wondering if any of you are one, and how do you like it? How's the pay? And how many years of school did it take you?Thanks!

I'm not a physical therapist, but from what i understand the pay is pretty good. I'm a nursing student right now, and I work in home health care (clerical stuff) and the physical therapists that work for us do pretty well. :smile:

I'm in PT school. On average most schools take about 3 years, or 2 and a half years, and that's for a DPT. I really like it so far, I wouldn't say that it's easy, but definitely going to be worth it in the long run.

PT was my second choice when I had my mid-mid-life crisis. Audiology was my first and I love it. But I think PT would have been a good choice too. Good luck deciding!

Hello im a physical therapist. It took me 5 years in school but I studied abroad. PT pays good.. even with recession, I still get job offers everywhere. YOu have a lot of choices on which setting you want to work in- hospitals, schools, outpatient clinics, nursing homes or if you want to do homehealth. Hope this helps!