Any PFers in Taipei, Taiwan?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just arrived in Taipei and am dreadfully bored out of my mind. I will be staying here for the duration of the summer and was wondering if any other PFers are currently vacationing or residing in Taiwan. If so, I would love to plan a tPF meet! :wlae:

2. Awwww, I WISH i was visiting Taiwan this summer!!! :P I was there last summer but I don't know when i'm going back...

I miss Taiwan!!! The night markets and shopping areas are so much fun! And food is so cheap!!! And yummy!

3. I'll be there in mid to late August!

4. I am going back soon...so anyone want to meet in Taipei? Maybe around Oct or Nov.

5. Darn :sad: I usually go back in March!

6. I'm planning to visit in November/December if it all works out. Would love to meet up as well.

7. Aww sorry I think i'm going to miss you by just a month or so!

8. Update: just booked my tickets. Will be in Taipei 11/22-12/6 if anyone wants to meet up.

9. darn it, i booked mine around dec 28 to jan 12,09 :'( will anyone be around taiwan during these time? I have to visit JP for about 5 days, but I'll be free before and after JP trip :yes:

any PFer up for a meet in Taiwan at all? I'll stay in Kaohsiung, but can take subway north :flowers:

10. Classic Chic

Too bad I'm not going to be in Taiwan at this time of the year. But you mentioned Kaohsiung, that's the city I go back to with my family on vacation and my birthplace. And I also read thru the tpfer Austin meetin, I see you are from SA and I'm just from Victoria. Such a small world!;)

Jenny

11. I'm so envious! I'll probably be there in March :sad:

12. ^ i have to go back during winter-hide my fat in thick clothes! I'm wayyy above standard 50kg.........my cousin in law is 165 cm & 43 kg AFTER she gave birth :mad:

13. ^I will just missed you, classic chic!

My mom is nagging me to lose a few pounds every time I get her on the phone, so I will look like all the girls in Taiwan. :shocked: But, since I can never fit into a S there no matter what, I'll just wear hoodies everyday and pig out when I get back.

14. I feel the same way...I need to lose so much if I want to be at the normal weight in Taiwan!!

But the food is fantastic..best in the world!

15. ^I totally agree, ladystara. I can't wait to go to the night markets and drink a ton of boba. My bff is taking me to Mitsui Cuisine for Japanese food as well. I'm afraid I may return to the US with a 10-lb weight gain.