Any parrot owners?

My Mom has a Peach face Lovebird (I think thats the right name), which i believe is a member of the parrot family. His name is Houdini, and he is such a sweetie!!

View attachment 184478View attachment 184479
My family has a peach-faced lovebird too! Named Polly (hey, i was like 6, when we got her and named her :rolleyes:)
I don't think the breeder we got her from treated her very well, because she is VICIOUS. She won't let anyone except my mom touch her. She also loves to chomp down on my toes when i'm unaware she's roaming the kitchen. My dad and I call her the vulture..

Jodi_G: That picture of your parrot and pup is absolutely adorable!

bellapsyd: Oh, I've always wanted an African Grey, but never had the chance. And sorry for the loss of your conure.

I never had a pet bird before, but I would like to own one someday!

I used to have a Jenday Conure named Gabby. She passed away about 10 years ago. My parrot didn't talk at all. After I move out of my apt, I am probably going to get an African Grey Congo.

that's such a funny picture!! love the expression on the GSD's face!! :roflmfao:

I had a quaker parakeet before. His name was Kiwi and he now lives with my ex's family. He's quite the little chatter box and they adore him!

OMG I love all your parrots. This is Oscar, he is a twelve year old yellow headed amazon that we have had since he was 7 months. He talks non stop and loves to call people in the house by name. He is such a character.
IMG_0001_4.jpg

IMG_0001_5.jpg

Here's my devil bird!

headtilt2.jpg

I've got a 56-year old Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo called Annabelle. She talks heaps and you can have a conversation with her. She was a rescue bird, had only one owner who passed away. Then her redneck neighbour stole Annabelle, tore all her feathers out and kicked her and left her for dead on the road. It was a miracle she survived but she had to be in rehab for 5 years before we adopted her. Till today, the feathers on her chest never grew back, but she's a sweet feisty bird who talks your ears off still. Then we've also got Tori, who is a Galah. It's native to Australia and I believe the UK and the US do have a few of these pink and grey-winged parrots as pets. I've also got 2 Cockatiels, Louis (without the S) and Pixie. Christian passed away on Valentine's Day this year...

Beautiful birds, ladies! I have Dooney, a jenday conure. I hope to be owned by a macaw when my son gets a bit older. My girl is spoiled rotten as well. Her fave game is getting my hoop earrings off my ear. She puts them in her beak and takes off....

I used to have a Jenday. She passed away about 10 years ago, but she was so smart! She would open up the cage and would chase after my brother and I. She was more my dad's bird then our bird ( i mean my brother, mom and I). They are definitely smart birds!

BUmping this up.

I'm considering getting a Lovebird, but I have a cat.... But I read that LoveBirds are pretty feisty birds... does anyone have stories to tell?

BUmping this up.

I'm considering getting a Lovebird, but I have a cat.... But I read that LoveBirds are pretty feisty birds... does anyone have stories to tell?

I can't even remember I subscribed to this thread, it's been so long ago. 336, I'm in Melbourne too. Lovebirds have to come in pairs. Is your cat ok with birds? We've got other animals and they are perfectly fine with all our parrots.

I love birds and parrots and all of your babies are beautiful!! :smile:

Before I got pregnant with my dd (15 years ago now), I had put a deposit on a Senegal that I fell in love with at a breeder, but unfortunately my mother talked me out of it because I was having a baby and never got another. I had "bird sat" a friends small bird for a few months back then and I missed that little bugger :P

Now, while I would love to have a bird, I always get nervous because birds live so much longer than humans. Besides, my dh and dd arent fond of birds, so I have resorted to taking care of the wild birds outside instead lol

I can't even remember I subscribed to this thread, it's been so long ago. 336, I'm in Melbourne too. Lovebirds have to come in pairs. Is your cat ok with birds? We've got other animals and they are perfectly fine with all our parrots.

I did alot of research last night and I read that you don't have to get them in pairs unless you're not around alot, and I'm home for most of the day.

My cat is kinda weird, terrified of birds but attacks dogs. I rescued a pidgeon ad brought it home once and it flapped its wings at her and she didn't go into the back room for 5 days.

Love all the bird pics! There's a $20k Hyacinth Macaw at the pet store here that I would love to have :smile:

I've had cockatiels and a breeding pair of lovebirds (hand fed the babies...that was fun :P) and I'd love an Eclectus one day, they are so so beautiful. The boys are green and the females are red. Gorgeous birds! It'd be hard to choose just one! Had to attach a pic to show how pretty they are.

My old roommate had a little green cheek conure that terrorized his cat! My lovebirds were very feisty, they'd chase my cockatiels around.

Attachments

• 412205_eclectus.jpg
    412205_eclectus.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 30