Any Paris flea market (marche aux puces) recommendations for sniffing out Hermes?

olive519

O.G.
Jan 12, 2007
I exhausted the search option and still could not find any definitive information for the flea markets in Paris in relation to finding Hermes. I found plenty of info on the vintage/consignment stores, but not much on the actual flea markets.

Did find some info from Frommers on the Marche aux Puces St. Ouen de Clignacourt but it sounds gigantic and am hoping for some guidance as to who are the reputable dealers(if any) and where they would be located?

I'll be visiting Paris at the end of summer (exchange rate be damned) and plan to arrive armed with knowledge...and plastic....

Clignancourt is indeed gigantic. There is a vast variety of shops/stands there. I went to a place called Le Monde du Voyage which does carry vintage LV and H items. The prices were very high. So, while I think it is worth a visit if you were already planning a visit, I would not go there only for that reason if you have limited time and many places to cover (who doesn't? It's Paris!)

Thanks Pepper, I have one whole week (just me and my friend) to tour, shop, eat, tour and eat some more. If I can can conquer french past the number 15, maybe I will take a stab at the "universal" language of haggling.

Des-voyages is a shop there also. They carry H bags, trunks and accessories along with other brands. They have a web site, so you can look and see if there is anything you like. I have never been to les puces, but I did buy online from des-voyages and was happy with my purchase. The web address is des-voyages.fr
Have fun!

Hi olive519,

How was your flea market experience in Paris? I am planing to go to Paris in October and planing to hunt H at flea markets there. Could you share some information?