any owners of the GST in claire beige from the 14 series? questions about the leathe

faircherie

O.G.
Aug 13, 2006
I'm lusting after the gst in the light beige at the moment, but I've heard a lot of talk about the new caviar leather being softer, and slouches easily and gets worn out after a month or so compared to the older gst than came out before 2008. For the particular light beige from the 14 series, would you confirm that it's true or would you say that it is softer but still retains it's shape? I'm confused and any input would be gladly appreciated.

I don't have any older GST. I only have a new beige GST from the 14 series that I bought in August. Although when I bought it I compared the beige with the black, the black was harder and the beige was softer. I had worn it every weekday for a little over a month and it still retains its shape. Hope it helps. :smile:

MY friend got the dark beige GST early last year and used it as her everyday bag. She took it to work, traveled with it and used it like any other bag. After about six months it was in terrible shape. It had wrinkled in the front and had completely lost its shape. She was horrified as she thought that a $2000 plus bag would be able to stand this kind of wear. She has stopped using the bag now and carried a Tory Burch satchel which costs a fraction of Chanel and is a lot sturdier sadly.

I think it really depend on individual. I do not have the "old" GST to compare but mine is holding up quite well now and I had been using it EVERYDAY for work since I got it 3 mths ago. I use a bag organizer and I do not carry much. I let it rest on the back most of the time.

thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. It's comforting and I think I know what I'm going to do now. I won't be using it for work, mostly on weekends and some traveling, so hopefully that should have the bag hold up quite well.

Honestly, it's really how you care for your bag. My friend has a beige GST from 3 years ago and it still looks beautiful. She wears it pretty often. I think the GST is a pretty sturdy bag. But that being said, it doesn't mean that you can kick it around and it won't rip. hehe if you know what I mean. I hope that helps!! :smile:

I have a light beige 14 series GST bought in March...I used it a lot spring/summer (my jumbo is my everyday bag but when I need a lighter color GST is my go to) and I in no way baby my bags and it still looks brand new. It does get dirty on the back side and by the chains easily but I just wipe it down lightly with a natural baby wipe :smile: No problems with the structure of the bag whatsoever, no slouching.
HTH!