Any other procrastinators around here?

estherriver

Apr 18, 2006
I consider myself a skilled procrastinator. It has always been a forte of mine. I was the queen of the 4am French Literature essay in college. My adeptness at procrastination has become true mastery over the years. In fact, I'm doing right now.

On friday, I scheduled an appointment for a crew of people to come to my house today at 3 to poke around my closets and interview me for some closet make over show. I agreed to today's meeting knowing full well that it meant I would have to clean my house pretty much all weekend. Well, Saturday and Sunday brought a heat wave, and with no air conditioning in my home, I just couldn't justify wielding my mop, broom, and assortment of cleaning products. I mean, is a clean home really worth heat stroke?

Surely it would be better to clean early in the morning when it's cooler out. Oh, right, it's the morning now. I'm sitting in my backyard, dog in my lap, and typing. Motivation is still lacking. I would be slightly better off if I didn't have an appointment at 12:30, but not really, as I'm sure I would just waste time until the last second anyway. Want irony? The 12:30 appointment is a fitting for a commercial I'm doing on Friday for SWIFFER of all things. I'm doing a commercial for a freaking cleaning product!

Wow, this is ridiculous. I know that I'll be super embarrasses to have a bunch of people trapse through my unbelievably messy house. Normally, the key to a quick cleanup is just to throw everything in the closet, but the whole point of them coming over is for them to examine my closets!

This is all too silly.

Okay. 20 more minute, and then I'm getting started.

Who can relate?

I am huge at being a procastinator. HUGE. It drives my husband crazy.

I will wait until 4:30 p.m. most days to go make my bed and pick up right before my husband is to get home. As if they have been done since the a.m. I wait till the last minute on everything....I dont even like this part of me either; so maybe I will sit here and "think" of what I can do about it. :graucho:

BTW, I would also throw everything in the closet if I were you. Isn't that the point of the show? Let them worry about what to do with it. :idea:

I generally pull through at the last minute, but the time I spend worrying about things until then is just silly. I've always been a "why put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow" kind of gal.

I always put off housework until the last possible nano-second. I'd rather go shopping or out to lunch with friends. Then, if someone is coming over that day, I quickly throw in a load of laundry and dust the table tops with my husbands socks on the way to the laundry room.