Any other plus size girls on here?

Just wanted to add, I find it the hardest to find good denim, as designers don't do plus sizes

Paige has a plus line, it's sold @ Nordstrom. :smile:
------------------

I need to complain about Old Navy - their sizing is SO inconsistent. I ordered about 14 different things (mix of shirts/shorts) and have to return 8 of the items because they are SO ill fitting. I got the same size across the board and their sizing varies SO much between pieces. The dark denim bermudas fit wonderful, the khaki pants & shorts are way too big. A couple shirts are too big, one is too small. Ridiculous.:tdown:

Paige has a plus line, it's sold @ Nordstrom. :smile:
------------------

I need to complain about Old Navy - their sizing is SO inconsistent. I ordered about 14 different things (mix of shirts/shorts) and have to return 8 of the items because they are SO ill fitting. I got the same size across the board and their sizing varies SO much between pieces. The dark denim bermudas fit wonderful, the khaki pants & shorts are way too big. A couple shirts are too big, one is too small. Ridiculous.:tdown:

I agree that Old Navy's sizing is terrible, as are the cuts on a lot of their dresses and shirts, imo. I can try on two different styles of jeans that are supposed to be the same cut and rise, and I need two completely different sizes in them (sometimes 2 sizes different). It doesn't make any sense, and it's why I never buy anything there without trying on.

I have to third or fourth NY & Co. As a short plus-sized girl, I am so glad their petites go at least as high as 18. I am always struggling to find nice-fitting pants. As many of you ladies, I am starting work at a law firm and need to find work-appropriate clothes and it is the best store to find suit separates. Work pants there are so cheap and fit so well. They always have those $30 off $75 purchase coupons which makes it also a lot easier on my wallet (more money for bags!). Target also has some really cute clothes recently in plus-sizes which I like a lot.

The only designer-type brand that has fit 18+ has been Rachel Pally. Any others that people can suggest? It is so sad to buy cute stuff in L or XL and not have it fit.

Ok, here is an idea, how many would like to join in on a regular basis if we start a new thread similar to 'Outfit for the day' but for us plus size girls (or just use this one and futher expand it).
It will be inspiring and we can get some good ideas from each other.
And maybe we can also add online deals on clothes for each other.
What do you all think?

I will be more than happy to start..

I have a plussize myself. I never wear jeans or skirts. They don't fit me well.
I do like to wear pants with tunics. I dress it up with my purse and watch. I'm I believe in US a size 14.
I love shopping @ Torrids and Cacique. In Europe I mostly shop online and H&M. Ans I always wear flats, unless I go to a party where I know I'm gonna sit, than I wear my " pretty but can't walk on it" shoes
Samia your idea sounds good;)

Ok, here is an idea, how many would like to join in on a regular basis if we start a new thread similar to 'Outfit for the day' but for us plus size girls (or just use this one and futher expand it).
What do you all think?

Great idea! I am in!

Well I'm a post-baby US 14 hoping to get back down to a 10 bottom/12 top. Since having kids, I will probably not get back down to a 10 up top unless I am willing to strain buttons. ugh. But that whole weight thing really will take awhile, sigh. At skin & bone I'm never smaller than an 8 anyway, & I'm not interested in that extreme.

For cheaper clothes I will look at Target, JC Penney, etc. But I also have had good luck catalog/online shopping at Spiegel & Newport News - they have lots of sales, too.

For business clothes, I've had good luck with the Jones New York line as JCP & Macys. For fun stuff, Hot topic recently started carrying D cup patterned bras - About time, I think there's only 1 Torrid in my state. I can also fine some of the Tripp clothes at Hot Topic that accomodate a larger & curvier figure. I think it goes up to an XL or XXL for some of the cuter retro & romanti-goth styles. So I don't always get stuck wearing loose T's or sweaters with jeans.

What do you all think?

I am in. But if you move to a different thread let me know :tup: