any other corgi owners?

Feb 20, 2008
Here are my two:
Duncan - Tri Color male and Chloe - Red and White female :heart:
I also have a Jack Russell Terrier named Lucy :smile:

As you can probably guess by the dogs, I'm a horse person too. I've got a 3 year old Swedish Warmblood filly named Inspired Gem.

Attachments

sarah2808

O.G.
Jul 1, 2007
Toronto Canada
I have never owned a corgi but I look after one sometimes while his mama is on vacation. He is the greatest dog. He gets along with everyone, even out pets and he is very bright. The only down side I can see is that he sheds even worse than pugs and I didn't think any animal could do that.

Dec 14, 2005
USA
I'm not but my mom has a 1 year old Pembroke male. I can honestly say I've never seen such a happy and funny dog. He's the worlds biggest sweetheart too. He's made me fall in love with the breed. The only slightly annoying thing he does is trying to heard people. Every time I go over to my mom's and he gets behind me and he always jumps on my calf's and starts fake growling and fake biting. :lol:

randr21

Watch "The Cove"
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
i have a male pembroke welsh corgi who is almost 5...he's the biggest scardey cat, when it thunders, he "bangs" on my door to come in from the hallway. he's very shy when he goes to dog parks, but is very territorial (starts barking very loudly) whenever other people or dogs get near.

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
I have a 1 year old female tri-color named "Tater Von Tot" but we just call her Tater. She is very territorial. We have a boarder collie mix and she is constantly trying to keep him away from DH and I. She also likes her "alone" time when she doesn't want to be bothered by humans so she will go hide under the bed. She is very quirky. I definitely wish she were more social and affectionate but she is still sweet in my mind.

MzSHERRY

sherry ☆
O.G.
Aug 9, 2006
on tPF
Lol, that name is AWESOME. I don't have a corgi yet, but SO has been pining for one since forever.

boxermom

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
North Carolina
I don't know the difference between Corgis, but my massage therapist, also my friend, has a Basset and a Corgi. He has a thick coat and is brindle color. He's a sweetheart. It's the first Corgi I've gotten to know and he's wonderful. I think she may have said "Welsh Corgi"--could that be right?

gypsybiker59

wag more, bark less
Jun 7, 2008
down by the river
I don't know the difference between Corgis, but my massage therapist, also my friend, has a Basset and a Corgi. He has a thick coat and is brindle color. He's a sweetheart. It's the first Corgi I've gotten to know and he's wonderful. I think she may have said "Welsh Corgi"--could that be right?
there are two types of corgis, the type without the tail (like Queen Elizabeth's), which are the Pembroke Welsh Corgis, and then there is the

Cardigan Welsh Corgi, the kind with the tail. I am owned by one of these sweet creatures, her name is Polar and she is a certified therapy dog. Polar loves visiting the residents at local nursing homes, she always manages to brighten their day.

Cardigans are bigger, stockier, than Pembrokes usually, and have a (generally) more laid back temperment than Pems.

Here is a link to Polar's breeder's website, she is the second girl down on the page:

http://www.magiceagleranch.com/girls.htm

I am so blessed to have Polar, she is truly magical. I am also owned by one Shetland Sheepdog named Dusty :smile:

skyqueen

O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
Here are my two:
Duncan - Tri Color male and Chloe - Red and White female :heart:
I also have a Jack Russell Terrier named Lucy :smile:

As you can probably guess by the dogs, I'm a horse person too. I've got a 3 year old Swedish Warmblood filly named Inspired Gem.
Your JRT, Lucy, looks like my JRT, Jimmy Cagney. Is she a lemon/white color? Too bad Jimmy's neutered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:graucho:

boxermom

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
North Carolina
there are two types of corgis, the type without the tail (like Queen Elizabeth's), which are the Pembroke Welsh Corgis, and then there is the

Cardigan Welsh Corgi, the kind with the tail. I am owned by one of these sweet creatures, her name is Polar and she is a certified therapy dog. Polar loves visiting the residents at local nursing homes, she always manages to brighten their day.

Cardigans are bigger, stockier, than Pembrokes usually, and have a (generally) more laid back temperment than Pems.

Here is a link to Polar's breeder's website, she is the second girl down on the page:

http://www.magiceagleranch.com/girls.htm

I am so blessed to have Polar, she is truly magical. I am also owned by one Shetland Sheepdog named Dusty :smile:

Thank you! Cody is the Pembroke Corgi. He's stocky and his tail is usually wagging! I love him! He's friendly and playful but not obnoxious. He and Abby, the Basset, are such pals.