Any opinions on the small portobello tote?

Beanskitty

O.G.
Feb 18, 2009
I was in my favorite boutique today and they received the small portobello tote last week. The only color they got was black. Does anyone own this already or have you seen it? It was a nice size for me and I sometimes like to use a satchel style bag. Any opinions would be welcome. Sorry I don't have a picture to post.

Last edited:
I have the spring portobello in black/black tweed...i ADORE it
I got the new one last week and was SHOCKED.It had the WORST distressed leather..lokked like it had been melted by a blow torch.the quality was awful.I sent it back....i took one look at my last portobello and its WAY nicer than the new ones.I was SOOOOO bummed

Beanskitty,

Are you talking about this one? I just saw it on Malinda's post of pictures from Nordstrom, Portland.

attachment.php

I haven't seen it irl, but it looks cute here.

It was hard to tell what size this was because of the picture, but it looks different from the other bag in bag portobellos I've seen

attachment.php

This is what I've typically seen
attachment.php

so to me the first one looks smaller than the second one!

But, that's all moot, because it sounds like you are talking about this style......

attachment.php
Which which is the same as this one

portosmaller1.jpg

I know that there are those who do not like the leather treatment, as Jill said earlier in this thread. I happen to really like it! I saw the black large irl this week and loved it. And lol, I really don't like the bag in bag portobellos that so many tpfer's love! So all of us having different opinions is what makes the world go round!

The only thing I would say is that I tried the large on and although I could easily fit the straps over my shoulder, one strap kept slipping off. And it did it came off far more easily than my GST ever did. I haven't seen a small irl so I don't know if it is an issue with the small.

The Cerf-like Portobello is one of my favorite bags of Fall 09! When I saw it in person at the SCP boutique, I fell in love with it. It is a very chic and practical tote, and I like the fact that you can change the shape/look of it. I saw it in the black. I'm intrigued by the grey one too.

ssc0619: Thank you for posting all the different styles, very helpful of you.

I fell in love with this cutie a while ago, because it kinda looks like the Cerf tote, like Steph mentioned. I'm not really a fan of the original Portobello.

attachment.php